Christmas Cruise - empty bays!

Terry B

So last year in March we took this photo of a very empty Chamberlins Bay, Ponui Island next to Waiheke (for those out of Akl).

Happy days, no-one around, clear water, quiet nights (well, considerable alcohol was consumed so I can't be sure it wasn't noisy :thumbup: )

I'm doing the family Xmas cruise this year for the first time - I usually avoid those 2 Xmas weeks - too darn busy in the bays I always think...............

So come on, show us your Xmas cruise shots of over crowded bays in the gulf in past cruises. And a few stories................

Just so I can be mentally prepared!!!! :roll:

Chamberlins March2010Gwil.jpg

That is a cool shot ...... and photo name. As a father of girls it is a terrifying one though :lol: :lol:

Last Xmas when away in big steel which I didn't want to push to hard as it had been asleep for the previous year, we stayed in the inner Gulf. Was nice and knot crowed at all. Everyone seemed to bugger straight off to Barrier or north the Bay. Sure wasn't like the days of old where you could walk across Bon Accord from boat to boat it was that chocker.

Here's one from Kawau although I think it was later in January. There was only a gentle northerly so we anchored just off Copper Mine instead of going into Bon Accord. Flat calm all night and no piedys to worry about although I think we were the ones making all the noise. I blame Toles!

copper_mine.jpg

Archived