Sydney Hobart

Outrageous Fortune from NZ has headed across the ditch to do the race? See latest boating Magazine. Otherwise there are as per usual alot of Kiwi's heading over to sail. Booboo from Norths, AP from Doyles and plenty more...

Yup AP, brooker and I are sailing on the TP52 Freefire from Hong Kong. the owner has brought a new one for Asia and sent the old one downunder. A friend of mine is chartering it for the hobart race.

Im off very early tomorrow morning.

Cheers

Josh

Bugger, Cant even follow it this year :thumbdown: In fiji for new years and have no internet.

Guess you lot will have to put all the updates on here so when im back I can read them :wink:

i know who you are booboo, doesnt everyone?

I am not at the CYCA until the race morning, have been there enough lately, will be on the boat about 730 race morning, come say gday.

Scott

Not an uncommon problem with those masts. If i remember rightly Northern Rebel had the same thing when it arrived in Vanuatu and Beneteau replaced the spreaders. Its the way the spreader bars are setup and it cracks the bolt holes.

Seems like they have the fix sorted now so go hard boys! When they first got there i put them in touch with a local rigger who looks after VicSails Beneteaus and he was going to do a rig tune etc so hopefully he helped get it sorted.

I'm sailing on Minerva tomorrow. I wish all crew.org members competing good luck - except skipper_nz, ony because we're really sick of looking at Victoire's stern!

The forecast is for quite a tough race - initially heaps of breeze - then none.

It's good always to have heaps of kiwis doing the race, even if there is only one Kiwi boat.

Merry Christmas everyone.

There is live coverage of the start which is going to be awesome. I havnt found a link as of yet but heres the paragraph saying that it will be online

Seven’s live coverage begins from 12.30pm AEST Boxing Day and for the fourth year in a row, the event will also be webcast live via Seven’s online partner Yahoo!7 worldwide.

Archived