has anyone had any experience with..

Has any of you lot had any experience with the GUL or ROOSTER sailing overalls?

I know they wont be as good as the likes of Helly Hansen etc, But im sick of having wet clothes after sailing because the overalls I use arnt water proof.

OR do you know of any other gear that is under 200?

Any knowledge is very help full :thumbup:

hay rooster is algood ive had my set for about 3 yrs and they are still going strong and iv only washed them a hand full of times and the guys really good to deal with :thumbup:

If any retailers or makers of gear have the balls to have there gear tested and evaluated they can supply use with gear for the Round New Zealand race

We will test it and will also be honest about what it's like

But will any step up ?

Thanks for that guys, I know the guy that sells rooster gear fairly well,So gonna go have a look later this week, Going for a look today at burnsco etc..

warehouse does a set for $20 odd dollars, use the pants with a few wraps of insulation tape below the knees and you'll find them as good as the original Line7 stuff

I'd have to say the breathable wet weather gear, especially the cheap stuff, is the biggest crock we've been sold for years. It breaths in and out in just a few months, which means you get wet. I refuse to spend a thousand dollars on a rain coat and leggings.

So who is actually happy with their wet weather gear? As in can go sailing on a rough day, and has not been sitting in a puddle and is dry underneath??? Oh, and didn't pay a fortune for it!

I bought some waterproof breathable trousers from the feild-days a few years back. They are Line 7. The need regular 'washing' in cold water to remove the salt build up on them, but they are still mostly dry. i.e. it may get a bit damp occasionally. I have been lifted off the rail and washed 20cm down the rail and still remained dry inside - just a couple of months ago. I am very happy with them.

My problem is finding a good jacket. Bought one off trademe and the zipper broke the second time I was out. It is a good dry jacket, except for I have to fix it shut under my lifejacket now.

Just bought an overall with jacket - olympic I think, for dingy sailing. Yet to test it out . . .

Guest Crafty 1

Forget all the Hype, cost, and spin on marine wet weather gear.

Go to mountain designs store, when the sales are on, and check out the water proof gear there.

It's great quality, better construction, and has better features without all the price and Hype.

The marine industry spin their products as "marine" just for extra margin.... and there are suckers born every day.

Standing/walking in a down pour is the same weather on land or on a mountain.

and when you mention you own a boat, remeber what BOAT stands for....

Bring Out Another Thousand!

Archived