Auckland anniversary regatta

Here's a couple, well, the other is from the race up on Friday night (Revolution Blues) so slightly off topic, the other (Phantasy) is from the Mahurangi Passage Race race on Monday.

Results and official pics don't seem to be up on the AA Regatta website yet, but I'm pretty sure I know our placing 'cos we were the only entry in our division! Definitely made for one of my easier starts. Anyone know where to get results from the Mahurangi racing on Saturday?

Revolution Blues - Night race to Mahurangi.jpg

Phantasy - Anniversary Day.jpg

One result I can confirm is that Phantasy got the gun for her non-spinnaker division, but I don't know handicap results.

Had a great battle with Va-voom, over taking her twice to leeward, until they pulled the plug mid Tiri-Rangi in the calms.

we done a 2nd line, 1st handicap. 4 up on a stewart. can someone tell me why a mumm 36 is not in the same division as the more standard young 11s? in the winter series it beats force 11 sometimes.

Haven't checked the NoR Col J, but memory seems to say that the divisions are based on length. If a division boundary where 11m, that would put a Mumm 36 in the smaller division by about 7cm

just a slight navigational challenge. i.e we had to put the kite up to get back down to the top mark

I thought we were keeping it a secret :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:

Guest Crafty 1
i think its quite cool how we took the scenic route and still managed the results we got

Don't hold back Mr harkin. :wink:

By the way did you end up in the army???.... sounds like you did'nt.

so give us a brief run down post your :oops: Crew exit....

don't be shy :thumbup:

Archived