Is there life after Offender

Well it would seem not. here I am a man with money (though rapidly dwindling) Should be easy to replace RO, not so I have trolled the various web sites in search of a 30 something cruising multi under 200k ( preferably a lot under) but it is a desert out there.

"So Why the hell did you Sell RO"

Well I don't bloody know, it seemed like a good idea at the time. The reasons are many and vairied and I have no desire to stay an H28 owner.

It would appear that in the last twenty years we have not built/bought or stolen any multys under 35' other than race boats. I have nothing against race boats but they are a little skinny and devoid of comfort.

Im on the hunt, hoping that there may be something hiding in a shed somwhere. I am thinking of building but a multihull builder I know said "Don't build you will never get your money back" and given the amount of money most of you are prepaired to pay for good boats i'm inclined to agree.

Now that I am looking to buy a boat I have changed my thinking " they are all over priced" :D

Offender

You cannot expect to buy something as good as a good trimaran cheaply for the sole reason that it is so good.

Everything is worth what someone wants to pay for it.

If you are not willing to pay for it, it is not worth it to you.

But could be to someone else, and is worth it to keep for the owner till that other person finds it.

The question is, why did you sell offender then. Apparently it was worth to you less than Megwyn paid for it.

That is Megwyn, had it valued higher than you, and I am a firm believer that all Trimarans have the right to be owned by the person who values it the most.

( I should be a philosopher)

Offender

You cannot expect to buy something as good as a good trimaran cheaply for the sole reason that it is so good.

Everything is worth what someone wants to pay for it.

If you are not willing to pay for it, it is not worth it to you.

But could be to someone else, and is worth it to keep for the owner till that other person finds it.

The question is, why did you sell offender then. Apparently it was worth to you less than Megwyn paid for it.

That is Megwyn, had it valued higher than you, and I am a firm believer that all Trimarans have the right to be owned by the person who values it the most.

Sorry john, but what the @#$% are you going on about. Don't give up your Day job as philosophy will not pay for you.

I did not Sell RO, Megwyn bought Her, there is a Difference .

Who has Careless at the moment?

plenty of cruisey types on the other side of the ditch.....

Yes I have had a look at that option and if you take one for $139k that will become over $190k approx NZ inc GST without travell, Shipping etc.

Megwyn didn't give me that much. :shock:

A number of the cheaper boats have those pod structures which give you a 40' cat with the acomodation of a Hartley 16, Whats with that?

However it is a good excuse for a trip to Aus :D and the weather may be better over there :D

Kinda like the look of Wasabi though.

Guest Crafty 1
Offender

and I am a firm believer that all Trimarans have the right to be owned by the person who values it the most.

Jeez Johnmi you should not drink and post :crazy:...

... Bro "i've been internalizing a really complicated situation in my head!"... and Bro you can stay here?! ....

(Do you want to buy my Ghost ships")

Spoon!.... space head...

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvD9DI1ZA

And offender, what's the difference between you selling and Megwyn buying.

If she offered you a price, you must have thought if you valued it at more than that.

For a buyer there needs to be a seller.

Same as to have good you must have evil

or to be happy you must have experienced sadness

or to travel west you must be leaving east

Dear John! What a tortured and twisted path your mind takes, I feel dizzy reading your post. Maybe it will become clear after a glass or three of wine. But thanks for the sentament :eh:

Guest Crafty 1
And offender, what's the difference between you selling and Megwyn buying.

If she offered you a price, you must have thought if you valued it at more than that.

For a buyer there needs to be a seller.

Same as to have good you must have evil

or to be happy you must have experienced sadness

or to travel west you must be leaving east

Actually, after a sly Chardonay or 5 it is making more sense...

I'm with you JohnMi...

in order to die you must live

inorder to live you must die

In order to sail you must not sail

in order to drink you must not drink...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Nek minute.......................

I'm sober

Woke up this morning with a pounding head ache, surly not two glasses of wine?

No on reflection I think it was Johns Philosi...filotsa... bugger can't even spell it.

Got a couple of boats on my watch list now.....Sigh i'll just sit and watch them inthe hopes that one day they will drop in to my Bracket. Sure hope they can put whell chair or Zimmer frame access as i will be bloody old by then.

Archived