SSANZ Round NZ Auckland start

Well done Stephen, much better than the first lot, some good pics here. Did you manage to crank up shutter speed with these?

yea I had the shutter speed at 400. The camera is no good at 800 or 1600 as i tried a few earlier this morning and there was no colour in the images. The biggest problem I had was trying to stay still enough to take photos as the wind was howling down the harbour and it was a little lumpy.

Anyone else following the tracker? It's pretty dramatic what is happening out there with half the fleet pressing on and setting themselves up to the East for when the SW 40 knots hits, some running for cover in Golden Bay and Panther and Peligan (whose course has been waaaaay to the West of the rumb line since Reinga for some reason) about to be hit by the worst of it as the low passes right through their position. Good luck to all, especialy that latter two....

Anyone else following the tracker? It's pretty dramatic what is happening out there with half the fleet pressing on and setting themselves up to the East for when the SW 40 knots hits, some running for cover in Golden Bay and Panther and Peligan (whose course has been waaaaay to the West of the rumb line since Reinga for some reason) about to be hit by the worst of it as the low passes right through their position. Good luck to all, especialy that latter two....

Yup there is 20 pages on the recent developments on the other thread.

Archived