Come on guys lets put our money together.

SloopJohnB

2004 137' Danish Yacht. US$ 17,500,000. Located In Antigua & Barbuda.

Ranger, a replica of the "J-Class" yacht which won the Americas Cup in 1937, was a labor of love by the current owner. A stellar team contributed to the successful build of Ranger, finally launched by Danish Yacht in 2004. Naval architects Studio Scanu, Reichel-Pugh, and Fred Elliott worked with the original lines of Starling Burgess and Sparkman and Stephens to create a yacht that not only wins honors in regattas, but cruises in style as a proper luxury yacht. A departure from the original, she carries a central cockpit and doghouse as well as a splendid mahogany interior boasting 4 staterooms aft for owner and guests with 3 ensuite baths - all created by Glade Johnson Design. In addition, the interior is extremely quiet, as acoustical engineer Joe Smullin was in charge of isolating it from the hull, greatly reducing vibration and noise .

Whereas the hull is steel, true to the original, the new teak doghouse is carbon fiber underneath and the classic raised panel interior is actually Nida-cored to keep weight down. Countless hours were spent on fitting modern technologies and living concepts into the matrix of a vintage yacht that conformed to the J-Class Association?s rules and regulations.

http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/core/listin ... id=2154529

I think I have some change somewhere. Standby while I look down the back of the Sofa.

How did you go Wheels? Found any?

I got a few coins from the car ashtray.

Ummm guys..... $17,500.000.00 will get you the boat but whose job will it be to fund the $15-25,000 a DAY to run it with crew wages oh I forgot we will be the crew :lol: , upkeep, fuel, marina fees ok anchoring out will cut down a bit but then we still have to do 2 trips each way in the tender to party, insurance that'll be a lot of couch diving :lol: Sounds like a party I always check my pockets first then couch then car thats usually 3 reliable sources of revenue :lol:

I got a few coins from the car ashtray.

Almost an entire Dollar.

Car, good point. I will go check there too then. Woohoo, at this rate, i might become one of the greater share holders in this thing.

Rats, mere semantics mate. Many investors have done far more with far less. It's all about getting started. Once we have the boat, the rest will fall into place. :wink:

A few more sofa divers required and then we can "Invest" in a lotto ticket, preferably a large US lotto win to save currency conversion mathematic problems. KISS plans are best :thumbup:

:shh: Yesterday moving my Lazyboy yielded 30c. :thumbup:

Off to search the sofas

Archived