Auck Port Race

Fogg

I, like more than a few up Nth Head, did have to laugh at that Squddy patrol boat. It was pretty obvious the person aboard calling the shots is still very pissed off he didn't make it in to some counter terrorist squad.

Yeah my experience over the last few days has been:

1. Too many marshall boats blocking the views. Yes yes I know they need to manage the spectators but dio we really need 30 dozen gazillion Young 88s hooning up and down the course doing their best to block direct views to the racing action?

2. Superyachts. Like Imagine. Tosser. On Fri the skipper did the right thing and stationed behind us lesser mortals cos his audience could easily see over us due to his height. But today he was a consumate tosser and after I carefully anchored to the satisfaction of the marshalls Imagine was somehow allowed to sit on station inside of us (and inside the course according to the yellow markers) blocking our view at key moments. If I ever have the privilege to skipper a boat that size I hope I'm not so inconsiderate.

IMG_8593s.JPG

I had it different today AC. There were plenty of marshal boats around before the start but once the racing started they were know where to be seen, and it resulted in spectator craft purposely drifting onto the race course and messing with Camper. Camper wernt happy by it as 1 minute later the harbour master came flying down the harbour to tell them all to get back. In this photo all of the boat in front of me were on the course and quickly realised what was happening.

post-10945-141887198333.jpg

Archived