BBQ clamp

Fogg

OK, so I've acquired one of those magma bbq clamps for securing to the pushpit but it's slightly too big, designed for the next size up pushpit than mine. Any idea the best option for padding the gap?

158923.jpg

Don't have a suggestion. I have the same one and that clamp is stone and actually digs in to the stainless to get a good grip (which it needs given the angle it holds the BBQ at). To find something that thin but strong enough won't be easy. Springing $100 for a replacement clamp isn't fun though.

Are all the sections (vertical vs horizontal) on your pushpit the same diameter because I'm pretty sure the BBQ mount can be manipulated to go either vertically or horizontally.

Unrelated, but tie a line on that lever that screws the clamp up. Its one of those things that's just dying to slip from your fingers and jump overboard if it can.

Butynol is a roofing product. Basically thick-ish weatherproof rubber. Comes in a sheet and you will be able to get it from places like Mitre10, Placemakers etc although you may have to buy it by the lineal metre. If you go to a roofing place and ask to buy just the little bit you need they might throw you an offcut for nix.

Can buy butynol flashing tape for about $15 roll from mitre 10 etc. Heat it with a heat gun to get it nice and sticky. Insulation tape or self amalg tape might be just as good though.

Insulation tape will most likely slide very slowly down the stanchion, and a multi layer wrap will slide into a helical shape. The adhesive seems to act as a lubricant in this situation.

Go with self amalgamating tape.

Insulation tape will most likely slide very slowly down the stanchion, and a multi layer wrap will slide into a helical shape. The adhesive seems to act as a lubricant in this situation.

Go with self amalgamating tape.

To true, especially on a hot day

Pretty sure there is a split black plastic adapter available AC - I have on on energy and it has a little shoulder on it to stop it sliding down.

I'll take a pic when I'm down there tomorrow.

Pretty sure there is a split black plastic adapter available AC - I have on on energy and it has a little shoulder on it to stop it sliding down.

I'll take a pic when I'm down there tomorrow.

Now that is exactly what I hoped for. Let me know if you think it will work for me and where you got it?

Cheers

Yup, that's exactly what I need. Wonder if they sell them as part of the magma spares - probably about $100 though knowing magma!

Archived