Anyone cruising this weekend??

smithy09

Pregnant mums-to-be need their sleep, so late start today, and 4 knots was not enough to see us all the way to Bon accord in time, so all nicely set up at Dispute Cove. Like a mill pond and nice sunset just now.

Currently in Woodlands bay

A surprisingly lovely bay and well sheltered for it's openess.

I agree!

But unfortunately was over-run by Fizz Nasties last night complete with on board disco and blue underwater lights.. Counted over 20 boats last night...

Currently in Woodlands bay

A surprisingly lovely bay and well sheltered for it's openess.

I agree!

But unfortunately was over-run by Fizz Nasties last night complete with on board disco and blue underwater lights.. Counted over 20 boats last night...

Surely with your skills and a waterproof drill you could have liberated a few stink pots from their doof doof doof environment?

Last night there were less than a dozen boats anchored in Bon Accord that I could see. And it was quieter than a nun's hen party. Fantastic.

Only problem was I had a bit of a mishap in the dinghy which resulted in my phone getting dunked - so no contact with friends/family for 24 hrs til I got back to land, causing a bit of angst to those left ashore wondering why they hadn't heard from me etc!

Anyway, now trying to restore my dead iPhone's settings onto my new one...

Two points. Pour really hot fresh water through internals of phone and then leave to dry for a couple of days. Has worked for me.

Second is, KM was talking to someone the other day that has a Phone on the market that is completely waterproof. Email KM as I doubt he will use is 10,000 post to answer this thread.

Two points. Pour really hot fresh water through internals of phone and then leave to dry for a couple of days. Has worked for me.

Second is, KM was talking to someone the other day that has a Phone on the market that is completely waterproof. Email KM as I doubt he will use is 10,000 post to answer this thread.

The motorola defy is pretty good, have dunked mine and it still works.

The motorola defy is pretty good, have dunked mine and it still works.

Ditto. Pretty rugged beasts.. I only bought the Defy after going through so many other phones. I would buy an iphone if they were waterproof!!

Last night there were less than a dozen boats anchored in Bon Accord that I could see. And it was quieter than a nun's hen party. Fantastic.

Only problem was I had a bit of a mishap in the dinghy which resulted in my phone getting dunked - so no contact with friends/family for 24 hrs til I got back to land, causing a bit of angst to those left ashore wondering why they hadn't heard from me etc!

Anyway, now trying to restore my dead iPhone's settings onto my new one...

Yeah sorry AC. Should have put my foot down and come up anyway.. Sounds like a better environment than Woodlands.. The upside was watching them nurse their hangovers this morning! :D :D :D

Archived