Single Handed Race 20th May 2012

Date changed to the Sunday 20th as there could be timing issues with the Squadron Prize giving on the Saturday night.

Hi All,

The Race is back on and we will be back in time for the RNZYS Prize giving in the evening so bring your black tie!

Black tie and dinner jacket is optional dress code for the race.

Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions

New Zealand Multihull Yacht Club Single Handed Race

20th May 2012

http://www.multihull.org.nz/racing-info ... s-1063.htm

Enjoy!

Please note:

Date changed to the Sunday as there could be timing issues with the Squadron Prize giving on the Saturday night.

supreme balls out display from mike drummond: single handed on an extreme 40 with gusts in the late 20's -credit.

round rangi in 1hour 50ish. that'd have to be some kind of single handed record wouldn't it?

I give up. Got a couple of cool shots of Mike on XL if anyone wants to post them for me.

chuck them at me and ill upload them (gingernater@gmail.com). To upload a file you have to reduce the size to no more than 1200x900 pixels.

Was just about to ask if that was single handed in a X40 - Jeepers - Ballsy and full on i would have thought!

And some!

1.53 to get round.... is there a round Rangi single handed record?

I give up. Got a couple of cool shots of Mike on XL if anyone wants to post them for me.

chuck them at me and ill upload them (gingernater@gmail.com). To upload a file you have to reduce the size to no more than 1200x900 pixels.

Ill upload the photos shortly as there are some good shots of Mike.

Those photo's don't really show how fresh it was at times.

I thought we had plenty on in our grossly underpowered boats, but could always think about how it would be for Mike on

an Extreme 40.

On TV those things have definitely flipped in more benign conditions than we had on Sunday and that is fully crewed, so huge ups to Mike.

I'm actually also very pleased that Bruce was in the chase boat to take the photo's, its just suddenly made the whole thing seem a lot more sensible !

It is a great concept the Single Handed and it is a lot of fun. I was practising at Xmas with Code Zero's and Code 3's and it was very challenging but also fun. Maybe a no holds barred race is on the cards? Certainly only if the conditions are good. On Sunday I don't think I'd be game to have flown a zero, but if it had been lighter the option would be nice.

Those photo's don't really show how fresh it was at times....

Must say I don't remember it looking like that... I just seem to recall a sea of white horses and a lot of spray coming off the bow of Whio! :thumbup:

Archived