Vietnamese rowboat

I wondered that to AC, but it looks like he is scooping water.

I would think that some sort of conventional motor would be more energy efficient. Or would I be wrong?

M

I would think that some sort of conventional motor would be more energy efficient. Or would I be wrong?

M

Might be but that would mean more cost - that is fitting a engine to the barge when the digger is doing a good job. One piece of gear doing the work of two.

There are a few barges in Akl that use their diggers for moving short distances.

That can be seen around NZ often. Last year when they dredged Bayswater Marina the barge, 60-70fter, got around all the marina just using the digger bucket on the end of what was about a 14mt arm. I saw some boat owners shitting themselves but the operator was a smooth operator. It was quite amazing to watch it turn down the marine lanes at speed with a nice powered slide. Also interesting to see that rather than move the boats out of each berth the driver just slide the bucket in under the boat and dragged all the crap out. I wonder how many winch handles and spanners they got.

If they put a motor in/on it the official bollix levels rise to large and the costs rise to STUPID.

If they put a motor in/on it the official bollix levels rise to large and the costs rise to STUPID.

Very True.

If the coroner gets involved the operator will have to be licensed to operate a digger as a propulsion device

Met one in Westpark marina couple weeks ago, total control thank phuk and was wondering how he would stop and stop he did, bucket on the bottom, no abs brakes needed here.

Very True.

If the coroner gets involved the operator will have to be licensed to operate a digger as a propulsion device

Fantastic! :)

Archived