Coastal classic updates

Lunch is served and i have just about finished mine. Whats on the menu Zoe if you see this?

the CC website is back up and running and has been for a while from what I know so have a luck at the trackers. 888 seems to be going very well.

Hullabaloo has just advised that they are eating roast beef and sailad ciabatta rolls for their lunch. I am sitting at The Duke wondering if I should ask for a menu because there are some good smells coming out of the kitchen. Hullabaloo is nearly at Flat Rock and the dolphins have arrived.

The wind has slightly eased, but still making 11 knots.

Lunch is served and i have just about finished mine. Whats on the menu Zoe if you see this?

the CC website is back up and running and has been for a while from what I know so have a luck at the trackers. 888 seems to be going very well.

Hullabaloo has just advised that they are eating roast beef and sailad ciabatta rolls for their lunch. I am sitting at The Duke wondering if I should ask for a menu because there are some good smells coming out of the kitchen. Hullabaloo is nearly at Flat Rock and the dolphins have arrived.

The wind has slightly eased, but still making 11 knots.

A BLT is on its way, thanks Stephen!

Photos just uploaded on the commentary pages.

Virtual sail update time. for all the action check out sailonline.org

After getting home at 11:30 the chance to be the top kiwi finisher was out the window and im making great progress at the back of the fleet and im hoping for a top 120 finish. NZL_sunburst is leading the charge for both the kiwis and the whole fleet and tatics seem split at the moment as to if you should head out to see or stay inshore on the approach to the hen and chicks.

post-10945-141887212185.jpg

more from zoes secret squirrels

A helpful spectator has identified the yacht passing them as Team Vodafone Sailing. Level with the Sugarloaf at 1315. "We watched them change headsail. They are moving, really moving!"

oh yea. The progress times are now up and running :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

V5 is flying up the coast being off flat rock at 12:53 with a half hour lead over bear essentials which they had a great fight with last year. Surprisingly they are in the same area as Taeping who reported in just after them which is a little surprising as I would have thought that Taeping being a slightly heavier multi would be able to sail a bit harder than the others. Unfortunitly none of the other big boats and the bulk of the fleet have reported in as they must have a lot on.

I guess with Taeping to stand any chance of finishing you firstly have to finish. These guys had Alpha Romao (how ever its spelt) in their sights for most of the race when it broke the record several years ago so they know how to sail it fast. Must be an indication of how wet and wild it is for them.

V5 ahead or behind ran tan?

No reports on Ran Tan. V5 are destroying last years line, phrf and irc winners wired though by half a hour!!!!!!.

truxton have reported in at flat rock at 12:08 which I imagine will have them in the lead and beating most of the 40 footers in division 1 again.

with no edit button im going to have to make sure im typing things as they are sounding in my head :oops: truxton is division 2 and if I remember correctly was the 7th mono home last time (not bad for starting 10 minutes behind the big boys).

Pahi 1354

At the sharp end of the fleet. In front of Roosevelt and other big boats. Sustained 17kn for minutes then the vectran brace broke twice. Stripped kite sheets. Pahi was leading dic 3 till kite gear failure. Shreks House had hard time holding genne. Peppermint Planet same apeed. But spreadout a bit now.

Now they are having a gooood time.

the 1020's from Zoe:

The fleet of Farr 1020s is one of the biggest One Designs in the race and currently they are sailing four in a line, less than four miles to Rodney, and averaging around 9-10 knots in boatspeed.

"There is another squall coming over, and it is freezing and very black ahead of us," says Mike Lanigan. "Looking back to Auckland we can't see a thing."

Share Delight - which has been chartered by an Australian team - is carrying a number 3, but the other 1020s have number 2s up. "When th breeze freshens and the squalls come through we can sail better and they round up. When it flattens off they pull through," explains Mike.

The order is Share Delight, L'avanti, Rawhide, Strathespy (two handed) and possibly Echleon.

Mike says it blew 43 knots as they passed Kawau but that the weather has now softened off and the breeze has eased to 30-35 knots.

All is well on board.

And what's for lunch? Hollywood sandwiches.

(Spicey sausage and omelette sounds better)

V5 is flying up the coast being off flat rock at 12:53 with a half hour lead over bear essentials which they had a great fight with last year. Surprisingly they are in the same area as Taeping who reported in just after them which is a little surprising as I would have thought that Taeping being a slightly heavier multi would be able to sail a bit harder than the others.

I think you will find if its downwind and really blowing the Multihulls will be similar speed to same length Mono. Once they start reaching/ upwind the Multi's will go better but I'd suggest theyre all nursing there boats at the moment trying to stay upright!

V5 ahead or behind ran tan?

Smashing ran tan. Ran tan checked in at 13:27 compared to v5 at 12:53. they have had a stunner and are beating their time from last year at flat rock by over one hour!!!!!!!!!!!

Vodafone how ever slightly behind their time from last year by 6 minutes which can be made up as they had a slow run around cape brett. The updates are all coming through now so I will wait a while untill there all up and then see whos going really well.

Archived