Two-part urethane

banaari

I have a litre of a two-part urethane (smallest amount I could get); for various reasons I _don't_ want to use all of it at once.

So, despite dire warnings on both cans to use the entire contents: Is it OK to stir thoroughly, decant the amounts needed and reseal the containers?

Yes, you need to ensure you use the exact mix ratio though.

But the problem part is that once the hardener has been opened and exposed to air, it tends to go hard in the can eventually.

Yes, you need to ensure you use the exact mix ratio though.

But the problem part is that once the hardener has been opened and exposed to air, it tends to go hard in the can eventually.

_That_ is precisely the sort of thing I was concerned about.

Thank you - I got me a cunning plan... :)

The problem is getting the lid to reseal.

What I do for touchups is punch a hole in the lid instead,and syringe it out. tape up the hole. Lasts a long time.That way you get accurate mixing too.

Tip, do not wear your rasta hat when buying the syringes, make eye contact, try not to be jittery.

Tip, do not wear your rasta hat when buying the syringes, make eye contact, try not to be jittery.

Funny you should say that: I scrounged a few off the local vet while getting the dog vaccinated.

And it was a BIG deal and quite a drama.... and these things don't even have needles in 'em.

Or you could you the Avocado syringes, buy them by the box load if you need, no questions, start at about $2.5 and upward. Or I could see how many spare we have here.

what are avocado syringes?

avoject.png

The ones we have are similar to the above. Some have ml markings, I had some with markings up to 50ml.

Try RD1 of Farmlands.

ok, Neil beat me to that part of the question,

the follow up question is why do you need a syringe for avo's?? :wtf:

To spread the thread drift further, avocados are very suceptable to phytophora (loosely "root rot") and you should not grow them commercially where potatoes have been grown recently because the phytophora (which loves potatoes) stays in the soil. Didn't know about injecting them when I was a grower but that was +20yrs ago.

Tb

Archived