Young 11 and elliot 1050

You couldn't go past Fineline could you? That would have to be the tidiest Y11 around. Everything done. New engine, carbon stick, new sails.. Wish she was for sale when I was looking!

Fineline is immaculate but the engine in the saloon isn't my favorite idea from a cruising point of view(where 60/40 race/cruiser) and while it's probably worth its asking price its knocking on the door price wise as the spy and the cowboy!!!

Fineline is immaculate but the engine in the saloon isn't my favorite idea from a cruising point of view(where 60/40 race/cruiser) and while it's probably worth its asking price its knocking on the door price wise as the spy and the cowboy!!!

The Spy and Cowboy maintenance costs would be significantly higher than the Y11. Also, the Spy is even less of a cruiser.. The engine box just needs a bit of sound proofing and it would be fine...

How about the Elliott 10.5 Pork Chop? HUGE inside and would wipe the floor with Fineline when sailed to its potential. Add water ballast and it would be be an absolute weapon short handed.

What other 35 footer has 3 queen sized doubles, weighs under 4 ton, motors at 8 knots and has the amount of kit that Pork Chop does?

When I sneak in to race track and look at the boat specs then compare their performance often the faster class boats tend to have larger spinnakers/gennakers. Not sure if better sailors generally end up with bigger kites or coincidence.

L4... there's a y11 buried in a rubbish tip? ?? You know what they say. .. one man's rubbish is another man's treasure. ... more info lol. Agreed a R40 running costs is alot more than a y11. It's not so much the noise but the c location of the engine that's the problem. It's the chop quiet a bit quicker than fineline?

race track kind of say's that pork chop hasn't been sailed very well at all if smakme is correct.

Both very good boats for different reasons

I will say that pork chops sweet spot is fineline's week

as a boat increases in size it kind of cubes its volumetric costs, eg y11 has a 12mtr mariner berth, r40 being 12.2m typically is in a 14mtr berth, antifouling and hard stand is more due to length. the r40 is heavier so all ropes and gear is generally the next size up, and sails are typically heaver as well, bigger engine,...........

we should all have 7.9mtr boats, or 9.9mtr, 0r 11.9mtr, or 13.9 just to maximise the berthing cost alone, but that's never going to happen

Archived