END OF YEAR RUM RACE 2013

Hi Mark. I think you will find that Spearhead and Valium need to start at the same time. There is much pride and prestige riding on this event. And to have a minute difference at the start will provide grounds for some arguements. Its safer if we start together. Cheers.

Hi Mark, I think you'll find that, not for the first time, Gary is talking crap. However, Spearhead is more than happy to allow Valium to start at the same time, as long as Gary promises his rudder will grip and not round up into us on the start line

Make it a full bottle Stephen and you can come over to Spearhead to empty it.

(Bet Gary drags his race sails out of retirement)

Nah im with Gaz, the Valium is turned cruising boat, infact im going down tonight to stick some Lazy Jacks on it to match the Classic Yacht Heritage and the Classic (Old) Owner... -Hell soon it will even have a Gaff (Batten) and run like a square rigger...

Well of course I would Mr Pill excepting that to do so would be a tacit statement that the current owners of Valium are sailing the boat slower than the prior owners, dragging down it's rating so to speak. That could just not be possible surely. Even to hint at it would get me banned from the site.

For all racing, the two boats are pretty close, something like 0.003 apart, the only question really is should Spearhead start later or Valium earlier? Decisions, decisions ...

As I am officially boat less, I am trying to find a ride for 4.

Myself and partner(newbie), Domenica (semi newbie) most smiley and hospitable Italian that loves rum racing and Emma a complete and udder newbie and very tiny so doesn't take much room.

Will dress up, will bring booze and food and will be fun! :-)

Someone please please! And if you haven't entered bc you think you can't get enough crew, tell me and I'm sure I can find more!

Hi Mark --what are the courses please --my memory only goes back to remembering we were very lucky to win the best dressed boat !!!!---and having to explain all the tinsel and other "gear " when we went cruising .

Andrew

While I have your attention, next year Xmas is on a thursday, what day would best suit for the race?\

Mon, tues/ wed? or thurs or fri the week before??

Not the last Friday please as it clashes with a lot of business and school closing down stuff and travel - although not so bad next year as Christmas Day is late in the week. This year many firms are closing for the year (clean up, BBQ etc) tomorrow afternoon including us.

Please also check tides for BBYC boats. High tide around race time is okay.

edit: Maybe low tide in the middle of the race time is best.

But in reality we'll make it work around whatever is decided if we can!

Archived