What happened to Strider?

smithy09

A case of a moveable yacht meeting an immovable Island.

The boat isn't dead but will need some nursing back to health. Sounds like the Insurance Co decided cheaper to euthanise than send in the doctors. That's the hassle with boats at the cheaper end of the spectrum, the doctors often cost more.

Shame really as Ash and Co were making some nice progress with the upgrades.

Oh dear! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm not laughing as I have been there and done that myself all too recently. Lucky the Marshall is strong. Still took a bit of fixing! :sick: :sick: :sick:

It's only too easy to do, running aground.. Sorry to hear Ash. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

To the skipper that run into itAll rocks you run into are unchartered. :wink:

But for many others, this particular rock is called Browns Island.

My version of the saying is, "There are two types of Skippers. Those that have and those that will". Because it's not just hitting rocks that forms a Skippers path to becoming an expert Sailor.

That particularly insidious-looking substructure stretching out towards Musick Point, I presume?

Scubash, painful as it might be at least you're still in one piece to tell the tale... anything us haven't-yet-but-eventually-will might learn from it?

Ash taKe the money from the insurance co and if your in love with the boat buy it back and fix it, do everything you can yourself and manage the rest.

Or if not just move on and put it down to experience, learn from it and move on

The Insurance Co will be scared of the what if factor so it's easier for them to write it off, something to be very wary of with lesser value boats.

I hear a whisper that Ash has moved on rather quickly! The new love interest looks nice!

:shh: I have to as I feel naked with no boat... :shifty:

but the deal isn't set in stone quite yet... :think:

smithy09 wrote:

I hear a whisper that Ash has moved on rather quickly! The new love interest looks nice!

:shh: I have to as I feel naked with no boat... :shifty:

but the deal isn't set in stone quite yet... :think:

Ummm, we are still talking the boat arn't we?? or are we talking of a possible reason why Ash hit the Island in the first place :wink: :twisted: :lol:
"Strider" is still parked next to me at kissing point, doesn't seem to go anywhere.

I think you have the wrong Strider....

Strider is on the hard at Pier 21 and has been written off.

Are you going to fess up and share what actually happened, or are we just going have to continue to speculate wildly and imaginatively?! :mrgreen:

Yeah c'mon Ash. Takes the pressure off me and all my stuff ups!

Archived