Cockpit mold

Has anyone or does anyone know of a mold sitting around that is the design like that of Boogie Flash or Demonstrator and others of that type. 2.9 meters 'for n aft' also 2.9 mts wide is the size of the hole.

I don't want to make one so was panelling the cockpit up but a mold would be good if ones sitting somewhere.

Ahh yes, to say the least. Between discovering weird shite, 1/2 arsed sh*t, some rotten shite, just the way they did shite back in the day knot being to our liking and my analness (which is way worse than I thought) it's cascaded far beyond expectations, plans and desires.

The hull structure (the bare empty hull if you like)

The deck from the stem back to the aft cabin bulkhead

The forward berth

The keel

The mast section/spreaders

The dunny itself

The cockpit bottle opener

If it's knot on that list it's being replaced along with a few additions.

But going OK now and it is stuff I like doing so while I could have done without it I can live with it, especially knowing how she'll go back in the water far better in nearly every way than she did when she went splash the 1st time 29 odd years ago.

It's both WTF? and a credit to the way they built them back then. You can see why they were so cheap with all the sh*t ply quickly nailed in to form the internals. The hull/deck are gobsmacking in their gruntiness, 5-6mm of glass either side of 13mm Airex foam and that's only the deck. We took very careful measurements and placed a few datums around the boat prior to stripping her down and they haven't moved a mm even with the boat having no interior, which shouldn't be a surprise as the interior was only sitting there due to the hull shape holding it in. The main bulkhead was 50% glassed in 50% held in by silicone. For the hull to take all that load over the years and sit there so stable shows the boats tag of lightweight flyers is just so wrong. Maybe light for the day but by todays standard she's a freaking tank. When she goes back in with the entire new interior which uses real structural ply/foam etc that is actually glassed to the hull she'll make the work tank equivalent to wet dunny paper. She'll easily be the strongest 930 to ever float.

Bit of a arse really but at least she's coming together faster than the house is. Still have no kitchen, a bathroom which now works but has no lights, got most of the ceilings back but are enjoying the missing section for the great airflow we now have, only 2 temp lights in the whole kitchen, dining lounge area. Fixed the holes in the floor so no broken ankles and the patched up for Xmas wiring has yet to fry anyone so that's nice :)

And I have 22,000kg of chain 3500kg of anchors and 2200kg of 8 braid sitting in town waiting to be delivered on the 6th.

Oh well, it's lucky I never did like lying on a beach doing feck all :lol: :lol:

So when did those two turn up to work on the boat? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just sussed this morning glassing in of the last of the structural bits inside and parts of it you'd swear was done by someone/s who knew what they were doing, which wasn't a surprise after all those beers :)

It's a good thing Epoxy is solventless. I could imagine the carnage with two guys drinking beer and breathing Solvent fumes in a confined space. It's not a pretty picture.

Isn't it about time we saw some photo's KM :?:

So when did those two turn up to work on the boat? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just sussed this morning glassing in of the last of the structural bits inside and parts of it you'd swear was done by someone/s who knew what they were doing, which wasn't a surprise after all those beers :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Saturday Night Special

them you will be working in the true tradition of construction on this boat with substance abuse as your planning tool.

Freaking hot + cold beers = happier working environment.

Actually 'freaking hot' can be substituted for nearly anything and the equation will still work fine. An example or 2

- An afternoon at Grandmas + cold beers = way more enjoyable

- Being bitched at by the Wa + cold beers = makes Wa's voice almost impossible to hear

- Ugly bar hag at 2am + cold beers = supermodel who's desperate to jump your bones

It's a simple equation, nay a 'Law of Nature', the boats been using for nearly 30 decades so why would we want to piss with that.

- Ugly bar hag at 2am + cold beers = supermodel who's desperate to jump your bones

Just remember that when it gets to that stage, there is not a great deal more distance to go before Ugly bar hag can be interchanged with Ugly Otto.

Guest Saturday Night Special

Now that could be scary especially If wife catches you with ugly barHag /otto in bottom of boat in compromising situation

Just remember that when it gets to that stage, there is not a great deal more distance to go before Ugly bar hag can be interchanged with Ugly Otto.

Oh yes there is. While there is little doubt Otto could easily be an contestant in NZ's Next Hottest Male Bar Hag contest, the amount I'd have to drink to make him look like a shaggable supermodel is up there with the US's national debt in size. I seriously doubt anyone could drink enough to make him look like a sexy beast.

Some photos -

The top one is from the companionway looking forward. Since the photo was taken the dunny and all that stuff has been removed but the forward berth did stay. You can see the mark on the cabin top where the main bulkhead was. The main bulkhead that was 2 bits of ply knot joined together and glassed in at the bottom but only held in with sillycone for the top i.e. it did feck all structural and only really provided privacy for the shitter.

Next to nothing in the interior was a structural component when talking strength or stiffness added to the hull and was only sh*t tanalised CD ply except for the bits that were shittier untreated pine construction ply.

The bottom one is from where the dunny was looking aft. That bit of hanging bulkhead and the 1/4 berths have also gone. Was hoping to keep those but found some freaky deaky we didn't like so bye bye to that lot as well. All the paint and crap on the inside of the hull has been removed (used that ezi-strip pad things, and fucken great things they are).

The last photo that's a little old now, note it is all proper marine BS ply coved and glassed in or at least it's glassed in now along with some smaller frames bulkheads and webs that aren't in that photo.

So while we haven't taken any strength or stiffness contributing components out we have added in a motherload. What's more we've done that at the same time as reducing the weight and adding in lots of small but trick things. It's hot sweaty but a bit of fun thirsty work. Today we also have some components for a new Javelin here taking advantage of the vacuum table, black sh*t everywhere.

It's all on so lunch done and back to it O'clock it is.

post-646-141887262576.jpg

post-646-141887262579.jpg

post-646-141887262581.jpg

Archived