Notice to Mariners...Auckland upper harbor

wheels

Local Notice to Mariners

Notice: 05 - 14 Navigational Hazard Waitemata Harbour

The Harbourmaster’s Office has a report of a navigational hazard west of the Auckland Harbour Bridge in the position Latitude 36 50.225S Longitude 174 41.014E. The hazard is a yacht which sunk on Sunday 23 February 2014 and is marked with a mooring type buoy.

All mariners are advised to navigate with caution when transiting through this area.

So you don't have to go looking at the chart (unless you are transiting the area of course, then look, definitely look), it's about bang smack in the middle between the two Peninsula's of Kauri Point (around from sugar fact.) and the Peninsula on the other side.

Ummm, isn't there a reef there???

Sure you read that right Wheels.

It's mid way between TeAtatu Peninsula and the end of Meola Reef.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I deleted the Email I received, so can't double check. Very kindly sent to me by Shanson. But as I am Dyslexic, yeah maybe I looked at it the wrong way up, I dunno. Anyway, I just looked at the Dot they had on the Map and to me, it was between where I had said. I checked the Lat/Long on my GPS and yeah sure enough, right where you guys said.

Now the really interesting thing is that I thought I would go to the Harbor Masters Website and check the Notice to Mariners Weekly update. Nothing on it in regards to the Sunken yacht. How strange. I thought that would be up to date.

Archived