2015 Fully Crewed Central Triangle

Extremely unofficial and very q&d results (PHRF) for leg 2 based on the Facebook info, note Gucci is approximate time only.

Crusader 35        02 07:51:58   1.022  02 09:05:43
Montego Bay III    03 03:48:55   0.761  02 09:41:44
Blink              02 09:51:58   1.022  02 11:08:21
Satellite Spy      02 19:53:45   0.892  02 12:33:47
Jive Talkin        02 22:36:32   0.87   02 13:25:47
Revs               02 23:17:18   0.895  02 15:48:11
Gucci              03 15:00:00   0.758  02 17:56:46

After a great Hawkes Bay stop over and prize giving tonight, the fleet are heading back out for a run to the finish with a 1pm start tomorrow.  A big hand to VC Red for organising a great Napier Sailing Club welcome.  

Looks good for a run down to Welly.  

Prize giving now on Monday night at RPNYC with a home coming BBQ for the fleet.

And I was one of the others!! Yes, hard to follow this race, which is sad as it has been very well promoted and organised. Even predict wind tracking would have been good!!

Here's a live update.....Blink and Crusader neck and neck after a huge ride down from Napier. Real drifter in Welly harbour after hours and hours of Gennaker ride.

Well promoted, well organised , lots of cool guys onboard, but only half a dozen entries.  Honestly how much do you expect?

Yes a few of us are hugely interested in the battle between Crusader and Blink, but some of you expect live TV coverage. You ain't gonna get it

Look up the results on Racetrack in about a fortnight, draw your own conclusions

Just tracking would do!

Sorry, thought I had posted it already!

It was an epic event. Well organised, good sailing, good parties and general good times. 

I was meaning to do a whole race report but realised I was so far behind in work (and at home...) that I haven't had a chance.

Will try and get onto it soon.

HI Smithy

You are spot on.  As one of the organisers (there were three of us planning for many months) and participants in this race (two of the three participated and one was RO), tracking was definitely considered as we recognised the added safety aspect and the involvement of our family of sailors on an online base - we all loved it from the RNI 2 handed in 2014 - epic!   Maritime NZ took 12 hourly scheds  for us.     Tracking was definitely on the agenda.    However,   with over $400 per boat plus underwriting the units plus satellite air time on top of the modest entry fees of $550 per boat (shoe string budget) , it was going to be a huge barrier but we have some solutions for next time :-) to make participating affordable with added benefits :-).  It would be awesome to see another Ross participate  - you would have loved it! 

xx

Booboo hasn't posted this to us yet, so I thought I'd do it for him. Awesome job on the Crusader guys, well done indeed!

Someone asked me why I go sailing over the weekend... I just showed them this video.  Pretty much sums it up for me.  FREAKIN' AWESOME!

HI Smithy

You are spot on.  As one of the organisers (there were three of us planning for many months) and participants in this race (two of the three participated and one was RO), tracking was definitely considered as we recognised the added safety aspect and the involvement of our family of sailors on an online base - we all loved it from the RNI 2 handed in 2014 - epic!   Maritime NZ took 12 hourly scheds  for us.     Tracking was definitely on the agenda.    However,   with over $400 per boat plus underwriting the units plus satellite air time on top of the modest entry fees of $550 per boat (shoe string budget) , it was going to be a huge barrier but we have some solutions for next time :-) to make participating affordable with added benefits :-).  It would be awesome to see another Ross participate  - you would have loved it! 

xx

Hi Nes. Yes, I'm sure I would have loved the race. Especially that first leg. Unfortunately because I am not home on a regular basis, trying to get a core crew together is not easy, which is why I like the 2 handed stuff! Looking at how the Spy went fills me with a massive case of keel envy which I think I will have to look at seriously. Crewing on Provincial Cowboy on Friday only reinforced my fears looking at their upwind height and figures. The Marshall will be back down Wellington way at some stage. Never fear! Nice race, well done all the organisers. I had no idea the yellowbricks were so expensive! There must be some kind of alternative... For spectators and racers alike, the trackers made the 2014 RNI.. Even if it was to see where we had gone wrong... Massively! :thumbup:

Archived