2015 Fully Crewed Central Triangle

Not so much C and B for me, the best racing is usually not at the front of fleets.

I'm liking the SS, R and JT battle, maybe it's just a Ross thing :)

They are making good time back to Welly. I can't think of anyone that wouldn't be liking that today.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So all the boats have finished L2 safely then...... He says only guessing from Nes's post saying L3 is about to start.   I checked the organising clubs website this morning, as I have done everyday

Absolutely epic fee hours.... winds sustained over 50kt times. Boat speed 18-26kts. In sight of blink the whole race so far, never more than a few nm apart. Now side by side in light airs just south o

Ha smithy my skin is waterproof. It's only going to be a 20hr race so who needs gear. It only slows you down.

Well promoted, well organised , lots of cool guys onboard, but only half a dozen entries.  Honestly how much do you expect?

Yes a few of us are hugely interested in the battle between Crusader and Blink, but some of you expect live TV coverage. You ain't gonna get it

Look up the results on Racetrack in about a fortnight, draw your own conclusions

Just tracking would do!

Sorry, thought I had posted it already!

It was an epic event. Well organised, good sailing, good parties and general good times. 

I was meaning to do a whole race report but realised I was so far behind in work (and at home...) that I haven't had a chance.

Will try and get onto it soon.

HI Smithy

You are spot on.  As one of the organisers (there were three of us planning for many months) and participants in this race (two of the three participated and one was RO), tracking was definitely considered as we recognised the added safety aspect and the involvement of our family of sailors on an online base - we all loved it from the RNI 2 handed in 2014 - epic!   Maritime NZ took 12 hourly scheds  for us.     Tracking was definitely on the agenda.    However,   with over $400 per boat plus underwriting the units plus satellite air time on top of the modest entry fees of $550 per boat (shoe string budget) , it was going to be a huge barrier but we have some solutions for next time :-) to make participating affordable with added benefits :-).  It would be awesome to see another Ross participate  - you would have loved it! 

xx

Booboo hasn't posted this to us yet, so I thought I'd do it for him. Awesome job on the Crusader guys, well done indeed!

Someone asked me why I go sailing over the weekend... I just showed them this video.  Pretty much sums it up for me.  FREAKIN' AWESOME!