Nexus NX2 system displaying 0 wind speed and angle

You Sir, are a legend.  Thanks for that, my WSI box has been reprogrammed so I'll hook it all up and see what happens.  Be nice to turn that ornament on the top of my mast into something a bit more useful.

Final old Nexus question: Is there any way to output the data to a laptop?  I'd like to have a play with OpenCPN tactics and build some polars.  The interwebs would suggest not...

Cheers and thanks again.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be a good time to update it. $2600 for a B&G wireless (mast unit, rest is wired) Triton 2 depth/speed/wind pack. Comes with masthead unit, receiver, Triton 2 display, N2k starter kit, DST (d

Here was some good info:   nx2_service manual.pdf

The masthead unit will have failed most likely.  The new network units which you have just sit on the bus sending info direct to all displays. The reason you are getting true wind speed is i

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Gappy said:

You can't plug a wired wind into a standard wsi box as its always looking for a wireless masthead unit signal  the only way is to get the wsi reprogrammed so the wireless wind is turned off the mast cable is then wired into the network port piggyback colour for colour  

It is going to depend on the mast transducer. If it is an original Nexus NX2 wired wind transducer then it is going to require a server to encode the pulse outputs. If it is a Garmin wired wind transducer then, yes, it connects directly to the NEXUS/instrument bus. I am not sure what color coding Garmin use in their cable. I have a short adapter cable that converts the Garmin Gwind cable to Nexus mast cable.

1 hour ago, Gappy said:

You can't plug a wired wind into a standard wsi box as its always looking for a wireless masthead unit signal  the only way is to get the wsi reprogrammed so the wireless wind is turned off the mast cable is then wired into the network port piggyback colour for colour  

It is going to depend on the mast transducer. If it is an original Nexus NX2 wired wind transducer then it is going to require a server to encode the pulse outputs. If it is a Garmin wired wind transducer then, yes, it connects directly to the NEXUS/instrument bus. I am not sure what color coding Garmin use in their cable. I have a short adapter cable that converts the Garmin Gwind cable to Nexus mast cable.

Edit: just found the specs for the Garmin mast cable. It's the same colors as the Nexus mast cable.

21 hours ago, kiwi_jon said:

Edit: just found the specs for the Garmin mast cable. It's the same colors as the Nexus mast cable.

It doesn't matter with NX both the old and new masthead units work but either way you need to reprogrammed the wsi box.

Like wise if you plugged a wireless wind into NX2 server the server had to be programmed to look for the wsi box.