Yacht started at $1 reserve.

wheels

$160,600 3min

$162,200 2min

165,200 2min

165,400 2min

165,600 2min

165,800 2min

170,400 2min Dang this is a long two min.

170,800 2min

175,100 1min

And the winning bidd is $175,100

It would be interesting to track down the new owner and hear their story of the experience from this purchase through to the reality of ownership.

There you go Squid, an idea for a story that you can have for free. Actually, no, a bottle of rum please!

Talking of which, how many rum wins have I accumulated over the last 6 months whilst I've been away? I reckon it's 2-3 but I can' recall exactly.... I'll be back for xmas and AC is currently a bare, dry boat so they would be a welcome first addition to the booze locker!

I wouldnt be surprised if the sale doesnt go through. The purchasers TM history doesnt exactly 'fit' the type that would/could spend $170K on a yacht.

Two hoody's and a 15 year old Civic put them in a certain demographic.

I agree with floatsome about the questions

However I'm also with wheels in that I'm not sure if there would be a case to answer by the Vendor.

He's pretty plainly put the buyer beware card on the table.

But does that override answering all questions honestly and openly?

Does the purchasers have to ask the relevant question themselves?

Does that fact that someone else did and it wasn't answered mean anything legally?

I think when something is sold, if it has a as is where is, then you are accepting it as is where is. But I am only assuming this would still hold true for something as big and expensive as this thing.

One concern would be though, 10 questions remaind unanswered. We will never know what they are of course. But what if the winning bidder asked something important and never got the reply and then finds the answer was negative to what he wanted.

I think most questions were answered as far as condition, equipment, Terms etc. So I can't really think of anything that could be tunred against the seller. I know that sites like Ebay say "you have entered a legal and binding aggrement with the seller". i assume Trademe has a similar 'contract".

The unanswered questions are now visible.

Quite a bit of moaning about the terms of sale.

It was the vendors choice to sell it that way.

The vendor appears more than happy to use the courts to force the sale to proceed of you read their feedback on the car sales.

He would have got far more for it if he had commisioned a full survey and made it available to all interested parties.

Some would probably prefer to get their own survey anyway.

Quick sale, and maybe someone got a bargain.

It's a shame we won't find out unless someone tracks down the new owner for a 6 months later update on the yacht.

Archived