Exhaust manifold & mixer

Thanks again for the replies. 

Fish, the contact for The Engine Room sounds worth a follow up and Frank, that was a useful link you provided. All good info.

I'm breaking the job into two parts. The first is to fabricate a new manifold for the engine, replicating the original one as closely as possible, but in stainless.  While we are doing that I'll investigate the options for the riser and mixing elbow. There's a bit of a plan taking shape, so I hopefully I'll be able to share some photos before too long (and be back on the water).

7 hours ago, lateral said:

Just checked my OEM Yanmar mixing elbow (new 2015) just starting to show scale on junction with mount plate.

Time to fit HDI one.

Ours arrived last week and we are very pleased, the DHL shipping was fast with regular email updates right to the front door. Its a shame they don't make Volvo D1-20 stop solenoids LOL.

On 30/01/2021 at 6:29 AM, Frank said:

Ours arrived last week and we are very pleased, the DHL shipping was fast with regular email updates right to the front door. Its a shame they don't make Volvo D1-20 stop solenoids LOL.

If you have a close look at your solenoid you will most likely find it is made by Bosch or one of the other big OEM suppliers. Should be able to find one that does not have a "green" price.

3 hours ago, marinheiro said:

If you have a close look at your solenoid you will most likely find it is made by Bosch or one of the other big OEM suppliers. Should be able to find one that does not have a "green" price.

Good call, the update is the solenoid is confirmed as US, it remains "Sticky" even after some freeing, I reckon something has failed inside. Its a Shibura Motor so that will be the first search thread, I wont even bother looking up Volvo.

Just now, Frank said:

Good call, the update is the solenoid is confirmed as US, it remains "Sticky" even after some freeing, I reckon something has failed inside. Its a Shibaura Motor so that will be the first search thread, I wont even bother looking up Volvo.

I should add that I reinstalled it with the core retracted so the motor is back on line we just stop it with the mechanical cutoff lever for now, at lease we can go cruising again :-)

• 3 weeks later...