Jump to content

Viking Vee-Drive for Cavalier 32


Recommended Posts

 You said "I should add, that my old unit is not strictly speaking a v-drive. It's a parallel system with a 1:1 ratio. Much simpler than the Argo V-Drives."

Perhaps then look at a second hand transfer case from a 4x4 vehicle. You will still have your shafts (cardan?) to mount and secure in the hull.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2021 at 8:18 AM, Andrew Connolly said:

I took my old Bukh20 and V drive out last year. If you still need a V drive let me know.

I replaced everything with a Lombardini sail drive

Hi Andrew, thanks for that! I am very interested in your V-Drive. Maybe I could chat to you? I will DM you. I have got a plan that might not work out, so your v-drive could do the trick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2021 at 8:18 AM, Andrew Connolly said:

I took my old Bukh20 and V drive out last year. If you still need a V drive let me know.

I replaced everything with a Lombardini sail drive

Hi Andrew, thanks for that! I am very interested in your V-Drive. Maybe I could chat to you? I will DM you. I have got a plan that might not work out, so your v-drive could do the trick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone

I just wanted to thank everyone for their helpfuil comments here. I have decided to go with a repair of the old v-drive. The guys at Moon Engines advisedthat there was a half chance that new bolt holes could be welded to the aluminium casings. It's a tricky job and might cause the casings to warp and become useless but it was worth giving it a try. Meanwhile, Andrew Connelly has a spare v-drive and that could be an excellent plan B. Plan C is to purchase the Argo V-drive new from Ozzie for around $2000 NZD. Thanks again for everyone's help. It's really appreciated.

Martin

Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE: I took the old v-drive to Moon Engines who took it to their specialist welder. The welder thinks that there is little chance of the casings surviving the weld job. So that means that Plan A is off the table.

Plan B is to chase up Andrew Connelly's offer of using the second v-drive that he took out of his boat. I am having problems reaching him. If any of you know Andrew, can you help me contact him? I have already sent him a direct message with my phone number in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...