Head North young Wheels

wheels. to go out and not see another boat in auckland (done it once or twice) you get to the end of the kite ride which has you out the back of waiheke in half an hour and think.....hmmmm its a long hard beat back home, this weather is f***ing s**t and getting worse. maybe we are the dumb ones? one of those days the ferry service wasn't running.

wheels. to go out and not see another boat in auckland (done it once or twice) you get to the end of the kite ride which has you out the back of waiheke in half an hour and think.....hmmmm its a long hard beat back home, this weather is f***ing s**t and getting worse. maybe we are the dumb ones? one of those days the ferry service wasn't running.

Either that or you go out in the middle of the week! :-)

SHANE

Either that or you go out in the middle of the week!

What? You think that is going to get you a bay to yourself in Auckland? It probably will - sometimes...

I would appreciate a little more weather thoughts folks. Now that we are further along in the week and much has changed already and I realise next weeks forcast may be very different than plotted at present. We go for splash down at just before midmorning today. Then we will head to the outer sounds an overnight. Tomorrow morning we will cut across to Wellington with a light northerly. I think we might have to wait it out a day (or two) in Wellywood and then we should have a northerly slightly slanted norwest to get us around the corner and up the coast to Napier or preferably Gisborne before the nasty little low zips over.We may have to take a brake there for a day till the tail end flicks a southerly and we shopuld be able to use that to take us around East cape and on home to Auckland.

Any comments??

What weather would you like Wheels? Seeing as I'm probably not going away in my boat over Easter I can put in a good word for you. No guarantee they're listening though...

Any good word to anyone listening would be better than none at all AA.

Slacko, I am hoping I might be able to knock on Seaviews door and see if I can get a stable at the inn.

We are now at the outer sounds and heading into Ketu for the night. I was going to head to Aligator head, but wanted to study the weather tonight and I can't remember if I had connection out there or not. There is currently a lovely 8kt breeze, but it has been dead calm up untill now. The sound was like Glass.

Just looking at the forecast and tonight is a 15 knot northerly, so nice crossing to Wellington. Quite a few cruisers are crossing tonight after work going to the sounds from Wellington.

I should have taken up your offer Wheels, right now stuck in front of the computer doing race reports, lots of silly people interrupting me wanting to buy houses and off to the hospital to visit mum soon, a pleasant overnight sail sounds OK to me .

Oh yes, forgot the regatta. With the new weather update, i am now thinking maybe we will go past Wellington now and head to Napier. The southeryly due from Monday evening onward is not looking like it will play nicely and there will not be any way of getting round the cape till the following Friday. So tomorrow morning we might just get the hammer down and go for it i reckon.

Oh yes, forgot the regatta. With the new weather update, i am now thinking maybe we will go past Wellington now and head to Napier. The southeryly due from Monday evening onward is not looking like it will play nicely and there will not be any way of getting round the cape till the following Friday. So tomorrow morning we might just get the hammer down and go for it i reckon.

Not nice punching a NE chop up the east coast of either island thou :( :(

Sorry wheels I willn't be at Napier this weekend to met you, if you make this far I taking the second half to Gisborne for a few days.

But maybe next week I can make it to the club.

Piss next Saturday is the season's prizegiving, could be a big night.

Knot picking up any silverware this year. :(

SJB, which is the better, napier or Gisbon, for shelter and is there anywhere we might be able to anchor in either?

Just leaving the outer sounds now and it is very calm, but supposed to pick up soon.

Archived