Auckland to Noumea 2012

nz moth

Bullrush in next to no breeze, just around North Head...just changed to code zero. Good battle with Icebreaker going on. Blizzard was holding on at the time not too far behind...dying breeze maybe 5 - 8 knots

crew bullrush.jpg

Actually, last photo should have said M1 was LAST seen...(I dont think this is the shot I took at Taka)...

Rikki...when I took this photo there was no breeze, flappy sails...past North Head,, Taka side...

crew rikki.jpg

Just had a peek at the tracker before heading to bed, Vodaboat just behind BG but about 5 kn faster.

Vodaboat has just passed BG and is still 5 kn faster while Kia Kaha has done well to be the leading 50 footer after a horrible start.

Just keep in mind that the trackers are set to update every 30 minutes. From time to time they might miss the odd ping. I am monitoring the trackers closely so if anyone notices anything funny please let me know!

Just keep in mind that the trackers are set to update every 30 minutes. From time to time they might miss the odd ping. I am monitoring the trackers closely so if anyone notices anything funny please let me know!

there were a two that missed one update in the early hours of the morning. Vodafone didnt receive a 2am update but picked up again at 2:30am and Kia kaha didnt update at 2:30am either but there fine.

there were a two that missed one update in the early hours of the morning. Vodafone didnt receive a 2am update but picked up again at 2:30am and Kia kaha didnt update at 2:30am either but there fine.

I'm not to concerned if they miss the odd one. If they don't report for like 3 hours then I will get worried!

from starlight express via sail Noumea

This just in from crewman Paul Hardiman aboard Starlight Express... "After a night of almost no wind, we struggled up the coast. Current at cape Brett (hole in the rock). Absolutely no breeze, I think we might even be going backwards! Looks like the forecast says its going to be like this all day! Time for some sun baking!"

post-10945-141887201558.jpg

from starlight express via sail Noumea

This just in from crewman Paul Hardiman aboard Starlight Express... "After a night of almost no wind, we struggled up the coast. Current at cape Brett (hole in the rock). Absolutely no breeze, I think we might even be going backwards! Looks like the forecast says its going to be like this all day! Time for some sun baking!"

judging by those clouds there'll be something happening in the next 12hrs or so, and it'll be on the nose

Archived