Anyone know what design this is?

oh yes, and virtually impossible to two-hand.

Sheeting on the No 1 would require some serious grunt, let alone runners etc.

Naa, not a all, especially if you convert it to gennys rather than spins. There's a couple sailing one back two handed from the US as we post.

I think the Holland 50fter "Cotton Blossom" thats for sale is a similar setup, but a bit more 'cruiser' than this one

oh yes, and virtually impossible to two-hand.

Sheeting on the No 1 would require some serious grunt, let alone runners etc.

Looks like it has a top mast backstay so probably won't matter if it takes a little while to get the new runner on.

Stick on a furler with a 135% genoa so not too big to tack and can still sail when furled to 100% or so. A furling code 0 for reaching at light airs upwind and running genniker with a sock for downwind. Sorted!

... Just need to allow another 25k for the sails and furler!

Looks like it has a top mast backstay so probably won't matter if it takes a little while to get the new runner on.

Can I use that quote next time I talk to the insurance company about the Marshall's mast?? :D :D

I reckon its Champosa too. Didn't she sell? Therefore this is the new owner changing out quickly, or an outdated dealer listing.

Agreed Woolly Jumper is good value. She was never as fast as the IOR50s but is a lot of boat for the $, and been well looked after. Ask Murray / Animal Farm about her. He did the cruiser conversion inc the swept back spreaders.

Can I use that quote next time I talk to the insurance company about the Marshall's mast?? :D :D

I never heard the low down on what happened with your rig Smithy. Did you have the top-mast done up tight at the time?

It's Champosa.

Reichel-Pugh IOR'50.

I spent long enough sailing on her.

It's an on-sell. Probably discovered the beast needs a bit more work and requires more crew than anticpated.

The runners only go to the diamonds, with a light backstay to the topmast.

I wondered if it was Champosa, especially with the tricky-dicky rig as they dropped one a few years back from memory. Ok, confirmed, thx Col.

Champosa dropped a rig?

Nope, not in NZ.

I think I would have noticed it amongst the chinese gybes and wipeouts we did over the years.

I never heard the low down on what happened with your rig Smithy. Did you have the top-mast done up tight at the time?

Actually it was nothing to do with the much feared runners... Or backstay..

It's still a bit of a mystery. Booboo spotted a crease in the side mast, like a coke can bulge, when he came out sailing. We were doing windward- leewards trying out the Marshall's headsails. On one bear away the guys asked me to pull on full outhaul (hydraulic) and I switched over, but not far enough (On the Navtec hydraulics you have to switch "past" the indicated point before the circuit changes) and pumped on full vang while flat off. We think that is when it happened, aided by a halyard exit point directly opposite the gooseneck.. Mariner were very good about it, and came up with most of the cost, but I still spent a fair bit of cash on paint, rigging screws, boom rebuild etc etc. It added up FAST.'

I couldn't afford to do the full carbon exchange like you did Hamish!! Wish I could have afforded it!!

Champosa dropped a rig?

Nope, not in NZ.

I think I would have noticed it amongst the chinese gybes and wipeouts we did over the years.

Correct - sorry Col, I was thinking about the incident off Sth side of Waiheke that didn't involve dropping the rig.

Still a cool yacht.

Archived