Been thinking of ideas since our 8.5m Meeting the other night and wondered about a race to the Riverhead pub as an idea.

It's 10nm from the Harbour Bridge to the pub, so hopefully about 1-1.5 hours each way. Its only the last 3.5nm that get really tidal so if we plan it right, we should get a bit of Pub time in the middle.

The Upper Harbour bridge has 17m clearance so should be fine. There is a set of powerlines near the pub that I can't find a height for on just yet.

Maybe start at Westhaven, finish at the pub - sail/motor as you like in between!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id be up for that, a cruise up to home waters.

Need to check out the power line clearance on the lines from around the Huapai Golf club area to the other side, maybe Clipper can give us this info, he's in that business.

Charts for the area should gve the official clearance, but I will look it up as well. Not something you want to hit with an ali mast, especially me - how would I explain that on monday morning...?