51 replies to this topic

#51 dutyfree

dutyfree

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:44 PM

Correct have not had fuel bug across three boats and many 000's of litres of diesel.  I am also a bit slack when it comes to keeping the tank full in winter, which apparently limits the available air space for condensation to occur.  But as mentioned earlier I put the fuel master stuff in with almost 100% of fills.

#52 Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationUnexplored Northland

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:56 PM

Just ran about 60lts out from the fuel drain in the bottom of the tank through a pump, cheap Chinese inline filter and a Griffin 2micron filter water separator. Got some dirt then ran clean for an hour. Peace of mind knowing the fuel is now mostly clean, no water and the fuel master stuff had worked? I'm wondering if I actually had the bug in the first place? I read that the water in diesel is actually in there when you buy it! Has little to do with condensation. It separates over time but isn't an issue for trucks etc due to the regular use and fuelups.

Attached Files

""Some ships are designed to sinkā€¦ others require our assistance."" Nathan Zelk, Commander US submarine Montpelier (SSN 765) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users