The ultimate monohull cruiser?

Island Time

BP WHy does a cruising boat have to be hit with an ugly stick? Philib bolgers designs have some merit but his design taste leaves a bit to be desired.

The ultimate cruising boat (not an H28) should sail well on all points be roomy have good stowage and at least try to look like a dam boat at anchor.

Oh it should have shallow draft. Sounds like a pipe dream.

To me a cruising boat should sail well, be nicely balanced and easily handled with a good layout.

That is why I think we can learn a lot from the shorthanded racers.

I'm not into tons of open space and microwave ovens, I have been on a few cruising boats that looked lovely at anchor and had tons of space but were absolute pigs under sail.

everyone has different priorities of course that's part of why looking at boats is such fun.

That 16 metre one is a lot of boat for the money. 16 metres and 12t displacement... Shouldn't be slow! Think I have a new favourite monohull cruiser. I like the open plan under the cockpit as well! Nice.

That 16 metre one is a lot of boat for the money. 16 metres and 12t displacement... Shouldn't be slow! Think I have a new favourite monohull cruiser. I like the open plan under the cockpit as well! Nice.

Yeah that area under the cockpit looks very cool. I'm assuming it converts into some decent sea berths too.

Typical Froggy design, thinking outside the box... I have seen quite a few Froggy alloy cruisers set up pretty open plan, but never a production boat. I liked it a lot.

Archived