Lost 5.5m spinnaker pole - Saturday 10 Oct near Motuihe Island

We lost our carbon kite pole overboard near Motiuhe Island around 1pm on Saturday 10 October during the Gold Cup race.  It's off a Ross 40, clear coated black, around 5.5m long.

Yes it was bungeed on but clearly not well enough.

Would very much like it back if anyone sees or hears of it turning up - we don't know how long it would have floated for.

Thanks

Good luck , stranger things have happened.

The whole fleet looked just fantastic hooking past the haystack

20151010_120318.jpg

20151010_113924.jpg

20151010_113848.jpg

We were out just shootin for some food , when up from the ground came a whole damn fleet of race yachts.

20151010_120942.jpg

20151010_112910.jpg

20151010_112352.jpg

We lost a carbon pole off Elysium a few years back, tried about 5 times to retrieve, until we watched it sink. I don't have high hopes for your pole sorry.

Yep obviously we are not that hopeful - we figure the best case scenario is probably having to bid to buy it back off a fisho on Trademe!

The good news, thanks to the generosity of another member of the R40 brotherhood (Smithy off Marshall Law), we do now have a backup option for the Coastal.  And working on a replacement pole.

I had seen the story about the Southerns pole that turned up a few months back - amazing coincidence...

Reminds me of the time I lost a boat hook over the side and took about 5 goes to keep it in sight and  retrieve it  by myself. At least was good practice and showed me how something that looks simple can in reality be so hard.