Transporting kiwi grip

Does anyone know/has anyone tried flying with tins of kiwi grip in their check in baggage?

I see it says on the tin it's safe to fly/non flameable. But it looks pretty much like paint and I can imagine when the bags go through x-ray at the very least they'll want to open the bag and check, and then you're kind of reliant on whomever is doing the checking to carefully read the print on the tin rather than just taking a cursory look and declaring it paint.

Anyone done this?

I would have the sds sheet for it in hand, pull the tins before the scanner, maybe phone ahead and ask?

Are they new or used part tins? New and sealed will be easier. Is there a chance of them crushing with the pressure change?

Tbh There is always the risk you won't be allow to fly with them. if they are classified as non hazardous goods it might just be easier to post the tins rather than risk losing it .

With prior arrangement made with someone who has been provided with the SDS's you should be able to have a letter which will allow passage with said tins. You would have to arrange this with the airline. Generally if they have clear information they are happy to assist. If not, you will at least not get to the airport and find they are not in your luggage at the far end, or get called up at the gate for a discussion surrounding them.

Can't fly with tooth paste.......

Where are you trying to fly to? Great Barrier may well be ok but anywhere else would be high risk, def not international. I had enough trouble trying to fly AKL CHC with safety boots on my feet during the quake response, so I wouldn't go applying logic to any thinking on what you can fly with.

I saw a bunch of upset passengers once when a can of antifouling had burst in the cargo hold mid air. At the roundabout all the suitcases were coming out covered in red bottom paint. The culprit abandoned his own luggage and did a runner.

I saw a bunch of upset passengers once when a can of antifouling had burst in the cargo hold mid air. At the roundabout all the suitcases were coming out covered in red bottom paint. The culprit abandoned his own luggage and did a runner.

Hope you just wandered away, not ran, to make it less obvious....

Does anyone know/has anyone tried34242 3flying with tins of kiwi grip in their check in baggage?

I see it says on the tin it's safe to fly/non flameable. But it looks pretty much like paint and I can imagine when the bags go through x-ray at the very least they'll want to open the bag and check, and then you're kind of reliant on whomever is doing the checking to carefully read the print on the tin rather than just taking a cursory look and declaring it paint.

Anyone done this?

Does anyone know/has anyone tried flying with tins of kiwi grip in their check in baggage?

Anyone done this?

Has someone bought a boat?