Dismasting. Wtf were they thinking?

Is the cat hove-to? Kinda looks like it just powered up momentarily at the wrong time.

They must have been under way for them to have the steerage to turn up when the monohull tacked. But I can't see what caused the mast to fold. And yes, what a monumentally stupid move.

Ah I think you're right. I assumed the cat turned to avoid him, and maybe it did, but I can also see that the monohull may have hooked him and pulled him off course.

There is a small bow wave on the cat. It's sailing. It's a big boat and its deceptive how fast it's going. By the time the mono had tacked, I think it's between the hulls of the cat - no escape at that point, unless the cat could stop. She hit the mono back stay....

thanks for the longer video, somewhere in Poland?

could it be the big cat (looks a lot like playstation or enza) went well past the little mono on the same tack

big cat tacks well clear but it's a bad tack and stalls just past the wind, not quite in irons, (shallow water? as big cat doesn't seem to have much if any dagger down - which isn't going to help a slow tack ...)

little mono just keeps on sailing on collision course, can't see big cat due to main?

big cat should, start the motors, blow the traveller anything but slowly power up while little mono has stbd rights and is obliviously still sailing into the danger zone...big cat doesn't want to blow the sails and drift backwards through an area crowded with little boats on a lee shore 

anyway big cat's tack is painfully slow but happening

however there is now not enough space for little mono to pass clear ahead

little mono not being familiar with big cats wonders why they've stopped but but doesn't realise they are inevitably going to power up and cut them off so doesn't take evasive action...

after contact big cat has enough control to steer back into wind and stop from going right over mono

mono gets engine going and motors out (big cat still don't seem to have engine power)

At the start of the second race on the roads Port Kolobrzeg collisions, "Gemini 3" Roman Paszke the yacht "Mescalero" Radoslaw Okińskiego. "Mescalero" suffered serious damage, destroyed a mast and rigging.The sailors were not injured. 

gemini-2.jpg

http://paszke360.com/katamaran/

https://youtu.be/joqV19rZ22g?t=4

both on starboard,cat got ahead tacked on to port and stalled?possibly if the keeler carried on starboard may of hit port float but tacked which caused backstay to get caught,interesting to see the cat crew in no hurry to go forward though,be an interesting court case between insurance companies?

I take back my earlier comment. An awkward situation for the mono skipper. Though he could have avoided collision if he'd tacked away early, I guess knowing he had ROW he assumed he'd have room to get through and pressed on until he decided too late that he wasn't going to make it and took what seemed the best remaining option in the moment.

IMO cats fault - tacking vessel must keep clear, even if the tack was complete, they had tacked onto port and had to give way to stb vessel -but no way I'd sail my boat close across the bow of that cat!

The little mono does not have a great deal of visibility on that Tack. So the crew probably watched it pass them and had no reason to expect it to tack across their course. As IT said, Cat should have given way.
I expect it was moving faster than the Vid shows. The Pic is taken with a Telephoto and you get Zero depth of field and thus the illusion the Cat is not moving. In saying that, the wee Mono is not all that wee either and is hauling it along quite nicely. So both are actually moving at a good rate of knots.