Lovely summer weather!

Summer?!?!

I can't decid if it's still spring on if it's gone straight to next winter and skipped summer an d autumn.

10 cm of snow mid Jan at Whakapapa the day before yesterday.

NIWA didn't forecast this coming did they?

Last Tuesday i got my boat back in the water and slipped into the Marina to shelter it for the Wed/Thursday part of the bog blow we had coming. Nearly every boat in the Sounds did the same thing. On Friday when I checked the Boat, I was shocked at how much the lines had stretched. They must have been under serious strain. On Braided 14mm line I used to pull the stern off the finger by taking it way forward to the main jetty, had gone like a rod, you know how they go when they have been really strained. Several Tree's in the area of Havelock had been destroyed and the roofs of a few places damaged and one Hay Barn had lost the roof completely.
The low right now is supposed to be 40 to 50kts, but it is calm as outside right now. Has been all night. Steady Rain.
By the way, I have always heard the comments on VHF Weather reports when it was going to blow, as Sea's Very Ruff. This is the very first time I have ever heard the comment "Sea's High".
Last Friday, we all awoke to a Sunny morning here in Blenheim. And Snow on the Hills. SNOW!?!?! :wtf:

Wheels time to get concerned is when you hear "seas phenomenal'

If I ever hear that MB, I hope it is when I am sitting in my living room and not out on my Boat.

KM, sounds like you got away in time. Wellywood is being hit with 140Kph winds right now. I wouldn't like to ride a Bike in that. And they has a Street that has just erupted with a blown water main. That could have been interesting. It darn near emptied their res.

Nelson has had flooding. Golden bay has had severe flooding. Heavy wind and rain in the Sounds. But the weirdest thing. We have had a nice steady rain all night, but it stopped late morning and not breath of wind. The wind must be going clean over top of Marlborough.

KM, did you get my Email last week?? I mentioned a friend of ours I saw. They were heading off down to Fiordland in two huge Cats. Can't remember the names, but one of them has this huge A frame rig with three Genoas. They hoped to go Friday and needed just two days to get down there. I don't know if they went, but I hope they made it. I did warn them of what was coming.