Navman 3100 multi depth issues

My Navman 3100s multi display started dropping digits and generally mis-behaving years ago but I've delayed replacing it due to the hassle of replacing the through-hull transducers for speed and depth.

I've been able to live it with because whilst the display itself is jumbled I can ready the key info (speed and depth) on my Navman plotter screen because they are connected.

But over the last couple of weeks the depth reading has played up. It started by intermittently dropping out altogether then coming back as usual. Now it's mostly totally absent both on the multi screen and plotter / repeater. When I'm in 10m of water it occasionally reads 10m but then reads something like 180m for a couple of seconds then goes back to blank.

I've looked at the transducer both from under the boat and inside the hull and also the cabling - nothing obvious amiss.

I'm wondering if after 12yrs the transducer and/or cabling have deteriorated to point of no return.

Anyone else had similar and managed to fix easily?

Transducers can fail AC.
I am having problems with my Navman stuff now as well. So I have decided that when I can afford to, I am going to upgrade to the B&G Vulcan unit. I have already fitted the transducer. Ask IT about the Vulcan unit. Pretty awesome thing. Several sizes

I have an old Navman 3100 depth only instrument (with repaired display) you could have if it helps.  It could help isolate whether the issue is the instrument or not.  I also have a transducer if that helps although the cable is quite short.  I finally replaced my Navman gear with B&G.

Steve

Yeah i had a similar issue in Mercenary, and ended up finding a Transducer in its box in the second hand pile at BoatBits takapuna for $100 - score!

It solved the issue so might be transducer... But maybe try with Farrari's display.

Thanks guys.

Farrari - I might take you up on your offer to try swapping the head unit but I suspect this time it's somewhere else in the system. I'll drop you a PM.

Thanks