Show boats sailing along you

As Puff earlier started a great topic with intention to show our own boat sailing, it become clear very quickly that is almost impossible for the very simple reason. The best what "we" could show is a few shot on board, splashing waves, sunrise, sunset etc. Which is awesome. I keep returning for those pictures when I couldn't go away, even for a few hours. However, the nice "full body" boat pictures usually come from someone else if we lucky enough to get them. So I would like to start this topic, to show those boats who sails along us. Presumably everybody has camera on board (at least a "very"smart phone) so please take a few shot from the passing boats and share it. If someone recognise themself, could contact with the person who posted for discuss the day or the trip whatever...

Here is the first one from yesterday in Lyttelton. After so long we had nice NE-weekend great sailing conditions on both day. Sunday have been a bit windier... unfortunately the very low tide made life complicated for us on moorings so we only had the afternoon.

mid august3.jpg

Great idea for a topic.  Next time I'm out I'll try to get some good pictures of boats, and with luck others might end up with a decent picture of their boat sailing.  If we all do it we might end up with some decent pictures of our own boats in return eventually.

Boy , I'm not older than dirt like native .. Komutu/ Jack Logan I assume, was it a glass plate negative or were box brownies around by then ?.

This one made me laugh at the time ... 06 ish. I thought it was going to keep going...

191_9158_1.jpg

...and this was while rafted up alongside Pulse - a Pink Floyd video projected onto our rolled out headsail during one of the many night time raft up entertainment sessions, it was usually dark - the flash was used just to show the rig etc.

IMG_0431.jpg

cant seem rotate the pic sorry.....

• Upvote 1