King tides.

wheels

The country is about to experience King tides from tomorrow till next Wednesday. About .4 of a metre above normal high tides.

So watch tidal current area's as they will be very fast flowing, ensure your beached Tenders are well above the extra high mark and remember, with the extra highs, we get extra low lows.

And anyone on the panmure piles, watch that your mooring rings don't slip over the top of the piles.

Harbourmaster still hasn't got back to me on that one. $600 of repairs and they clearly don't want to take responsibility for the poor design of their pile moorings.

Apparently you guys have a motorway that the authorities are saying could go underwater at highwater. Dang you guys must be low up there.

Yea mate, That will be the north western the one you'll end up driving daily! :-)

SHANE

Yea mate, That will be the north western the one you'll end up driving daily! :-)

Oh great, no one told me I am going to need an amphibious vehicle.

But does this mean I could moor the boat in tha back yard :wink: :lol:

The country is about to experience King tides from tomorrow till next Wednesday. About .4 of a metre above normal high tides.

So watch tidal current area's as they will be very fast flowing

Fark yes, brought the boat down to Auckland (having read Wheels' post first). Short-taking through the north channel into Kawau in a cold SW on Saturday evening...what a mission. :crazy:

bike lane along side the western motorway between Pt Chev and TeAtatu was under water this morning. is about 1 or 2 foot below the level of the motorway surface. iv seen the motorway just north of the harbour bridge get pretty close too.

Archived