Any 1020's planning on going to Mahurangi Sunday?

Farrari

Cancelled 

Sullivan Bay Beach events cancelled

Scotts Landing Prize-giving dance cancelled

Not cancelled, yet 

Sullivan Bay Centreboard sailing

Scotts Landing All other sailing events

A small consultation for disappointed fans of the prize-giving dance is that packs of venison regatta patties are now available, directly from Stubbs Village Butchery.

i was to take oracle up for this ....with wife and kids...... but not now...unless the forecast proves wrong....

might get out sunday and monday ....prolly izzy bay for a few quiets...

Elly is all set to go Friday evening. But now that the dance is cancelled maybe I won't bother.

Is it really that bad? Looks to me like Saturday is a write-off, but the other days not too bad...

I was somewhat gutted to have to return to India after xmas and miss the rest of the 'peak' cruising season. But it seems I haven't missed much at all, has it really been that bad or is it just perception from afar?

I was somewhat gutted to have to return to India after xmas and miss the rest of the 'peak' cruising season. But it seems I haven't missed much at all, has it really been that bad or is it just perception from afar?

Think it's possible to have that perception from onshore as well, AC.

Having monitored the development of the latest system on the weather websites all week, I went down to our boat last night to make sure everything was closed up, lashed down etc in anticipation of the coming onslaught. I was quite surprised to run into a large number of people in the marina and out in the bay who had been taking a quite different approach and had instead been enjoying the days. It was good to hear their stories, I was shown some monster crays and came home with a smile on my face. Today is glorious, the Mokes are standing out clear as day on the horizon and someone has landed a sizeable marlin.

At this stage it doesn't look like it will go down as one of the best summers ever and obviously Anniversary Weekend is going to be shorter than we would all have hoped. But very much a half-empty/half-full situation in my view - some of the people who have posted in this thread are clearly intending to give it a go and will have a good time regardless.

We just pulled the pin on sailing Komotu on Saturday. She's 50 odd years old and brittle as so took the safer option for her. Didn't cancel after match though :thumbup:

Sun and Monday look like they'll be ripper good days. Late Fri and Saturday till late arvo look possibly rather nasty. Oh well there is always the bobcat and a small mountain of dirt to rearrange in the backyard :?

Ailys Comet wrote:

Like Murky said, I can see how that perception could come about. For me the only weekends that would have affected me were last and Saturday this weekend. I wasn't planning on going out last weekend so it was no drama.

I'm still planning on going out Saturday evening (maybe), Sunday and Monday so I still can't complain. Pre Christmas was definitely warmer than other years.

I'm also hoping if this pattern continues that we will get extended cruising time with warm weather during April. This would be handy given that Easter is so late this year.

Knot much news around so the media is trying to make some. Worst case this weekend blow will only last 24hrs odd, probably less. Be all over late Sat. Magnificent either side of that, just like last weekend.

Well I'm planning to make a return (hopefully for good) in early April so absolutely roll on late (Indian) summer. Mmmm, slightly ironic that last bit. :?

yeah....cyclone wilma...... wil be here friday night sometinme......

those that know me .....and my racing on oracle .....would expect to see me out there racing ....if the organisers run the race to mahurangi tonight .... and i and oracle would relish the conditions....

but unfortunately the plan was to spend the weeknd cruising with my 1 and 4 year olds sat/sun after racing up on friday....

so sitting on the boat sat while 40knots blows over with torrential rain.....

doesnt sound like fun ....

we'll be out sun /mon......and maybe just watch the anniversary regatta this time.

looking out the office window....presently i can see the first of keen yachties heading out after cyclone wilma...looks like they are heading from north head to tiri... looks like only a jib up ....but moving quite nicely....

weather looks clearing but still windy....

we'll be out tomorrow morning.

The 1020's switched from Mahurangi to Rakino on thursday due to the forecast. I think you will find them either at Rakino or Waikallabubu (excuse spelling) depending on wind direction tonight and they will race back from Rakino tonight. Look for Share Delight and they will advise the details. I think the association is putting on a few drinks.

Archived