Ross 930 Championships

Damn. Some advanced notice would have been nice... a bit late to try and organise getting any Wellington boats delivered, and crew with time off to do the delivery etc...

Woulda been nice to show my new crew mates the old stomping ground.

Yep and that clashes with the Panmure 2H3L race as well.

Buggeryarse!

What sort of numbers are you expecting in each category?

No idea, I just forwarded what arrived in my in-box. Knot to sure if there are enough pedigree R930's left to make a class. Could be a good number in the mongrol 930 Div though and potentially a very good watch.

March is turning into a yacht racing schedule nitemear and getting worse each year. What happened to the AYBA meetings where club sat down and tweaked all the programmes to minimise overlaps?? Actually what happened to the AYBA, is it still in existence?

I have 3 differing and good races I want to be in on that one weekend alone.

I see why people get a multi, they don't have the multitude of choices the leadswinggers do, 2 maybe 3 races a year is easier to schedule :twisted: :lol:

Whats a non-class Ross 930? Ive got a 42ft French boat with Ross 930 winch handles on it, does that count?

FRENCH!!!???? and you plan on sailing it???? in the water!!????

and to answer your question km, no i will knot do bow dressed as squid during a his n hers race but i will come along as a cockpit w@nker

and to answer your question km, no i will knot do bow dressed as squid during a his n hers race but i will come along as a cockpit w@nker

Either I'm missing something or something sick is being offered here :shock:

:lol: that did come out a bit funny. i just know KM is dying to get me on his crew and i am willing to dip as low as sitting in a warm dry COCKpit while the c*cks scream at the poor helpless bowgod up there battling the elements and just being an all round race saver. also, inside sources say splash palace(?) lost their rig last week?

bring back escapade (since called malpractice and moved to ausi?). won it enough times that the association just gave my olds the brass half boat. back in the day when i could sit in the sink.

inside sources say splash palace(?) lost their rig last week?

She did unfortunately. She was on the BOI - Auckland leg of her delivery for the RNI and fell off the back of a wave, broken the mast bulkhead/ring and dropped her mast. She is not doing the RNI, and might be written off.

If i remember correctly this is the same weekend it was to all happen last year but was cancelled due to lack of interest, or more likely as mentioned conflicts and a lack of notice for all including out of towners.

while the c*cks scream at

I don't do screaming on boats and tend to quickly get off any that have a screamer aboard. Anyone who comes on my boats is told if you hear me scream it's only as one or more aboard is about to die...... or my glass is empty.

Either I'm missing something or something sick is being offered here :shock:

And coming from you that must mean something real bad ;)

Massive bummer about Splash especially as she was looking so good. Hate to see her written off and it would be good to have a play against a Welly boat, it may answer a question or 2. Do have to giggle that after all she's been through weather wise down Wellywood, a upper Nth Island breeze does her damage.

So other 930's out there, of either flavour, you in for the Nats or ........

Oh and judging by crew offers to date I think we'll have to take Marshall Law to fit everyone aboard. Ya think alone will notice a extra foot or 10 of WLL?

Knot me Cyclone but I'm sure someone will have. Anything specific you are looking at/for?

Archived