live NZ Tidal currents

Hi  Im  looking for advice on    live  tidal  currents   from  Windy. This  image  below is  the Hauraki Gulf tide  ebbing,  the Firth  is emptying and the  live   map  has  an overall   northerly  flow. But Windy  has   the   Upper Waitemata is  filling. We know  the  Gulf has  some  ripping  tides like  around  North  Head. Is there  an  accurate  live   tidal  flow  available , with  actual rate  of  knots ?  WYS  just had  a  race on Saturday  around  Ponui  in light  airs and   so I  was  looking  for  tidal   patterns. Thanks

image.png.608f3b0d8be3d38c5791d8200f185f53.png

19 minutes ago, Psyche said:

length of arrow = strength of flow but navionics has tidal and current predictions, as do paper charts but the above should give you a starting point

I think what Essjaywhy is asking for is actual live data, not predictions. I’d love to be able to access current live tide heights to determine if it’s safe to transit a bridge during king tides. The predicted tide height doesn’t account for variations due to air pressure.

2 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I think what Essjaywhy is asking for is actual live data, not predictions. I’d love to be able to access current live tide heights to determine if it’s safe to transit a bridge during king tides. The predicted tide height doesn’t account for variations due to air pressure.

I am not aware of any live tidal stream feeds.  I believe everything we have access too is modelled from historically collected data.

If no one else comes back with an answer I would suggest writing to LINZ and asking them.  They run the tidal stations and will at least be able to point you in the correct direction... please let us know what you find out.

This index enables you to identify the locations of current and historic sea level stations around New Zealand, on offshore islands (including Raoul Island, Chatham Islands and the sub-Antarctic islands), several South West Pacific islands and the Ross Dependency (Antarctica).

This link may also be useful for calculating actual tide height:  Unusually high or low barometric pressure, or prolonged periods of strong winds, can mean the actual sea level is higher or lower than the predicted height.

Well there  is  definately a  hole  in  the  Web  for  live  tides,  who woulda   thought in this  age !

The  Windy    Tide  Tab  is  way  off. it  even  shows  tides  over  the  land.

During the  last  AKL Am   Cup  i saw  some very   detailed    tidal   stream data  ,  as  a Course  was right  under  North  Head.

thanks  All

3 hours ago, Essjaywhy said:

During the  last  AKL Am   Cup  i saw  some very   detailed    tidal   stream data  ,  as  a Course  was right  under  North  Head.

That was by Tidetech. They came here and did some recording at various locations and then did some hi-res modelling based on that data. 

Even the AC data wasn't real time. 

Tidetech made the data free. 

https://www.tidetechmarinedata.com/news/americas-cup-practice-day-2-auckland-tidal-currents