On the hunt for an iridium go

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

https://www.starlink.com/boats

I think this is the price unfortunately....$4500 

I also have some resistance on having internet on board...although convenient 

Dancing with the devil....I don't know...

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

I have installed the same as the link above on a boat... used it during Fiordland tour last summer. Brilliant

I would want to use it offshore. I heard in the USA starlink cracked on people doing what you did and kind off told them they d interrupt the service If used inappropriately.....

I am happy it worked for you and that you managed to get away with it, I don't know if I can be confortable relying on it like that...

2 hours ago, prince rupert said:

I would want to use it offshore. I heard in the USA starlink cracked on people doing what you did and kind off told them they d interrupt the service If used inappropriately.....

I am happy it worked for you and that you managed to get away with it, I don't know if I can be comfortable relying on it like that...

I saw somewhere that  folks are setting up "Starlink for RV" (Starlink Roam) on their boat  it is OK for coastal with a range of 30 NM ??

Others on here with more knowledge will correct/confirm.

I have been following the Solo Global race, and this week had a youtube with the young american girl  Cole....gave an 20 min interview via 'starlink' very impressive..

'she commented people were having dramas were using the old version and hers was recent version  she was able to do repairs on a hydro generator malfunction with team

in the states with a series of images sent to her.   i know its Eon mr master race,..... but I know farmers who swear by it for all sorts of things...watch this space.