Why?

Ok, so I spend a lot of my down time at the office looking at boats for sale (I refer to it as motivation).

So WHY?????? do brokers, particularly if advertising on a site that limits the number of photos, feel they have to include photos of the toilet??????

Maybe this particular 40 ft average white sloop snuck out of the factory without one???

Guys, one marine toilet looks a whole lot like the next one.

I know when I'll be trying to talk the financial controller into a 28' keeler (our first yacht) in a few years, it'll be the first thing she asks about. And furthermore I'll guarantee that she'll definitely look in there before she checks out the diesel.

Perhaps the brokers know who they're selling to...

I know when I'll be trying to talk the financial controller into a 28' keeler (our first yacht) in a few years, it'll be the first thing she asks about. And furthermore I'll guarantee that she'll definitely look in there before she checks out the diesel.

Im with Dags, if the women folk (who often hold the purse strings) dont like the dunny, the broker is going to be pushing shyt uphill (excuse the pun) to get a sale

Women who enjoy peeing in buckets are hard to find.

Same thing with Benebravaelans, the interiors look lovely on the marina, but are completely impractical for sailing. Yet the non-sailing wife goes down below on the brokers show boat and screams about how lovely it is down here. Just try wrestling a pan full of bacon and eggs in that galley whislst bashing to windward in 25knts, luv.

Squid, you'd make a crap salesperson wouldn't ya? I'd knot recommend you get into selling boats, cars or god forbid, houses :wink:

Who do you think the toilet photos are there for, George Michael and Boy George?

When you show someone a house which gender tends to be the one who suss the dunny, laundry and kitchen as opposed to the other who goes for the man cave, beer fridge locations and measures the garage to see if it'll fit a 8.5 multi build project?

Good golly, that's a post out of left field for a gent who does what ya do :lol: :lol:

and kitchen as opposed to the other who goes for the man cave, beer fridge locations and measures the garage to see if it'll fit a 8.5 multi build project?

Looked at a place the other day that measured up well :)

I have a theory that the brokers have one solitary shiny kettle that features on the stove in every shot, yet strangely is never on the boat when you buy it.

It is a nice kettle though, I will give them that.

Squid, I'm surprised. As a former liveaboard cruiser you would know more than most that the heads is an important part of the boat. If the logistics of using the thunderbox or trying to have a shower or shave without bashing your elbows/head or soaking the contents of your loved one's cosmetic kit is not user-friendly, then life aboard isn't as easy.

I know I've rejected more than one boat in the past cos I thought the layout of the heads was too unfriendly. And as KM says if the female members of 'joint' buying decision aren't on board (literally) then you're on a hiding to nothing pursuading them to approve your purchase.

that is of course unless you're checking out a townson design where you get both in the same room, nice dry dunny paper as well as an often pongey engine to service

To illustrate, see if you can pick which one is from a house.

(I particularly like #4, they left it open so you could inspect yesterday's droppings.

post-3043-141887175688.jpg

post-3043-141887175691.jpg

post-3043-141887175693.jpg

post-3043-141887175696.jpg

post-3043-141887175698.jpg

Ok, One bottle of Mount Gay fo rthe best boat dunny. We'll run it through next week as all the racers are preoccupied with the BMW at present.

Guest Rocket

Nah I like #1 doubles as a kitchen waste disposal... Sort of a perfect world could chain yourself there and survive indefinitely!

Archived