Tamaki TURDS check this vid out!

Well send his details and that vid to the harbour master.

I sent Bruce (Harbour Master) the link, he's not impressed either but can not identify the culprit. As a foot note, thats only a fraction of what I shot. That guy after cutting across my bow shot off down the channel to BEAT a ferry and cut across his too!

(If you can identify this vessel please do call the Harbour Master!)

post-11058-141887176871.jpg

I don't think so, i'm sick of these idiots who couldn't give a toss about anyone else on the water.

I agree. I go up that channel most weeks and most weeks there is an idiot. I have had power boat go past at 20+ knots so close that the spray off the back of there boat has wet us!!!

OK, to me he seems to be passing far enough away to not cause any discomfort, sure it's not 50 metres, but hey, who drives their car less than 100kms an hr on the motorway in perfect conditions.

If he is causing discomfort (spray) or danger you may have a point, but lighten up, he's on a boat, on a glassy sea, and enjoying life. let him be.

I keep my yacht up by panmure on the piles, I see this behaviour all the time...... sometimes they are in pairs... racing out to go fishing.

only a matter of time till someone is killed in this piece of water.

OK, to me he seems to be passing far enough away to not cause any discomfort, sure it's not 50 metres, but hey, who drives their car less than 100kms an hr on the motorway in perfect conditions.

If he is causing discomfort (spray) or danger you may have a point, but lighten up, he's on a boat, on a glassy sea, and enjoying life. let him be.

Rules are rules John. If you get pulled over by a cop speeding at 105kmph you take the ticket... These dicks do it because they know they get away with it. Imagine if we didnt police speed limits in cars? At some point you have to draw the line in the sand and start nailing people or else it gets out of hand...

Hey wetdream

I presume you sail your yacht for enjoyment, but there is another way for you to get your jollies.

Get yourself a hi-viz jacket and hang around the boat ramps, check some trailer wof's and rego, scowl at the owners and feel good.

Ps, was driving my car the other day and forgot to alter the throttle going down a hill.

Should I call in at the nearest pig pen and nark on myself?

Guest mental outlook

While that guy is breaking the law speed wise, and I agree that someone needs to start nailing these guys,, it looks like you are heading 'across' the channel at 90 degrees, not in or out of the river. Is that right? If so why?

Yeah, the video is off now. I was on the public side of the pier at bbyc yuesterday and a guy came flying in there, put a wave up over the pier. Not even 10m off the side. Dick head.

While that guy is breaking the law speed wise, and I agree that someone needs to start nailing these guys,, it looks like you are heading 'across' the channel at 90 degrees, not in or out of the river. Is that right? If so why?

I think you'll find he's moored - and that is Wetdream's gripe. I watch these idiots every day fly through this stretch of water - the channel is narrow and right on the edge of the mooring area so I think the 5kt rule is entirely justified. Just today I watched two stinkboats fly within metres round the outside of an old kauri launch at the Pt England cans. If they would just be considerate enough to pass others and the mooring areas at low wake speed then I think everyone would be happy but clearly most are just too ignorant to give a sh*t.

Archived