Sinking at Westhaven?

Murky

A mess, went down to do a visit to Sharpies this morning only to be told "sorry folks, no one allowed on the marinas".

We're going to look pretty sad over the weekend in the Easter Rally I fear, there's about eight weeks gunge on the boat.

Hope none of the Tauranga fleet was affected.

We're going to look pretty sad over the weekend in the Easter Rally I fear, there's about eight weeks gunge on the boat.

The universe trying to tell you that boats are not expected to turn up to cruising events in race-ready condition, Mark?

Chuck a dodger on, maybe a wind-driven generator or a bike across the transom and everything will look consistent.

Is is just me who's appalled at the prevalence of typos on the NZ Herald site?

About 300 litres of petrol has leaked from this sunken petrol. It has contaminated over about three adjourning piers are the marine so the electrics have been isolated because there is some risk from the petrol.

:?

It's not just you.

The old chook (a.k.a. Mum) has been involved in the newspaper industry for 30 years and the standard of the Fourth Estate has dropped dramatically. We get the Herald and part of the morning read includes tallying up the spelling and grammatical errors that are always present.

You sure its a power cat then? There was a cool launch thing next to Slipstream that had an outboard, cant think of any power cat down that dock...

I'm on west side of K - - it was (still is, just can't see it now!) on the east right behind me. Just back in the water yesterday apparently................... I hadn't seen it there before. I said gidday yesterday to a cuppla nice guys who seemed to be getting her ready for Easter.

Apparently afloat at 1am, completely under at 5am.....................according to Westhaven security guy I spoke to when I was down there at midday.

And as for gazillions of fuel in the water........... I don't think so. Looks like I've just flushed the loo on my yacht is all :lol: Must be a slow day for news again.

And they've got the oil, floaty, containment thingies (stop me if I'm getting to technical here) around the sunken launch and they seem to be working.

But a very sad sight. Even my daughter (who cares little for boats) was upset! Poor buggers. I'll be interested to hear the verdict on what happened.

errrr, at 7:00, we could smell the fuel fumes over in the carpark other side of M, agree though it had pretty much cleared by midday. They may have been a bit cautious closing down marinas but better safe than the alternative.

Archived