Hire a Racing yacht in Auckland

nz moth

Hi, I am wanting to know if there is any racing yachts that could be hired for the coastal classic this year?

V5 could be hired for a couple hundred, and for a couple hundred more you could own it.

Hi, I am wanting to know if there is any racing yachts that could be hired for the coastal classic this year?

V5 could be hired for a couple hundred, and for a couple hundred more you could own it.

Would've had a good chance at winning on V5 too, until some smart ass went and bought a 60ft ocean going tri :wink:

What type of yacht is V5? How many crey is needed to sail it? what are the sails like?

V5 is a canting keel TP 52.

The sails are shiny, with little yellow and black stripes in them.

The crew number depends on how tall you all are, and you can hire it for $450,000 for the first month and $1 month for as many months after that as you want.

What type of yacht is V5? How many crey is needed to sail it? what are the sails like?

The crew number depends on how tall you all are, and you can hire it for $450,000 for the first month and $1 month for as many months after that as you want.

:lol: :clap:

Definitely the strangest thread I have read in a while... :wtf:

Yeah that is a bit to high for me

No kidding

That whole $1 thing could go on forever.

Seems a bit unfair really.

Don't forget the rum needed to fill the trophies. That's an ongoing cost that $1 per week wont cover. :think: The Ice costs $3perbag

What if you wanted to hire it in Auckland and hand it back in Russell less than 24 hours later? Could you do a combined deal with Avis or maybe a party bus charter back to Auckland? :lol:

First month @ $450k divided by 1 day...oh maybe we would do the Wednesday nighter to get used to the boat...oops that's still a fair bit. :(

All joking aside nz moth. NO ONE is going to rent you a boat for racing. Nothing personal, it just doesn't happen and if it did it would be 10k minimum for the weekend after lots of questions asked and the insurance sorted. On the other hand boats do need crew so you may like to go down that road.

Would you accept cash?

Bull,

I would have thought you would have given the crew away as well ..... Or at least some of them !!!!

R.

Bull,

I would have thought you would have given the crew away as well ..... Or at least some of them !!!!

R.

Now you have really blown it for me, no one will buy it!!!

Yes in the fine print the crew go with the boat. And I must say just as with boats, the crew are getting much more expensive to run as they get older too.

And Tuffy, yes cash, gold or Steinlager Pure are all accepted as legal tender in yachting circles.

All joking aside nz moth. NO ONE is going to rent you a boat for racing. Nothing personal, it just doesn't happen and if it did it would be 10k minimum for the weekend after lots of questions asked and the insurance sorted. On the other hand boats do need crew so you may like to go down that road.

It is relatively common to charter yachts for racing in the UK. I've also heard about people chartering yachts in the Caribean for racing, Sunsail do charter for 'Flotilla racing', but its more of an embarrassment to say you've chartered one of those...

I think its more common for people to form a syndacite and lease a proper race boat for a season or specific campaign, i.e. a spare TP 52 or last seasons VO 70 or Open 60. I was aware of one syndicate leasing a performance race boat and paying a per mile cost for sails, eye wateringly expensive but about what it would have cost to get into that level of racing anyway. It was a fast boat.

There is no market for any of that in NZ. The closest you will get is one of the MRX's (I think) the new Elliot 7's or what ever it is Royal Akarana use. You can rent or lease one of those to race the in clubs specific series, but not for other / bigger stuff like the Coastal.

I beleive you can rent an Elliot 7 for Wednesday racing for less than what the wear and tear on sails cost, but there are certain T's and C's...

There is the odd MSA registered race boat about that can be chartered, my understanding is always with the skipper though...

We used to charter a First 40.7 in the UK for racing. Did it for 10-12 weekends a year for 3 years. Used to cost us 1,000 quid for the weekend. Not too bad when split 6-7 ways. Also chartered a Sydney 38 for the Sydney to Hobart. Cost us A$50,000 for the month. Again not too bad when split 8 ways and we were all earning pounds and the exchange rate was 2.8:1.

The common theme with the charter boats was that they were all broadly new-ish production cruiser racers (one design) and there was a demand for it. Sunsail had a fleet of 30+ 37' Sunfasts in that could be rented for corporate regatta's. Great fun 'one design. weekend racing. But again the demand existed for that sort of thing.

Doesn't exist here unfortunately...........

Archived