8.5 Weigh in at the Viaduct?

I have heard quite a few people talk about the weights of the boats at the moment.

If a few are keen we can organise the AC45 crane to do this. The crane is in TNZ care this week and will be packed up on the 20th of May (next Friday). I am sure those guys will be keen to help achieve an informal class weigh in.

Scales and lifting gear (4 point) can be arranged. Boat owners would just be responsible for the 4 attachment points and getting the boats in and out as quick as poss so lots of boats can be lifted.

James at the viaduct is the licienced crane operator so he may need bribes if it was done in the weekend.

It would be interesting to see what boats weigh in at.

Guest Brucey
Me too with putiki express

Make sure you take those two huuuge testicles off the boat b4 u weigh or youl get a very wrong reading John.

Staurday morning is looking good so long as it is ok with team NZ who are getting back to us...

Tim you would be able to get in first and pop your rig in.

The costs would be $40 per hour for the crane and the load scales which we may have to hire for the weekend for $150 worst case scenario. I am trying to get a hold of some free ones though.

The cost would be bugger all each if we can get enough boats involved.

I dont have Bobbos of Mathew Flynns number so if they were involved it might carry more officialdom

Guest mental outlook

We couldn't commit with Attitude as might be still on the hard if the weather doesn't perk up. Think the boat has been weighed before anyway.

Staurday morning is looking good so long as it is ok with team NZ who are getting back to us...

Tim you would be able to get in first and pop your rig in.

The costs would be $40 per hour for the crane and the load scales which we may have to hire for the weekend for $150 worst case scenario. I am trying to get a hold of some free ones though.

The cost would be bugger all each if we can get enough boats involved.

I dont have Bobbos of Mathew Flynns number so if they were involved it might carry more officialdom

Try smithy09, he has a loadcell somewhere not sure its capacity.

I'd be keen to boot leg in as part of this if possible.

I'd like to get an accurate weigh in of Smokey Joe.

had to use an estimated number from the very accurate travel lift indicator...which isn't that ideal.

If you don't mind a lead totter joining in on the party.

What is the crane rated to can it lift a bigger multi?

Hey Nutsy it is good for 1600 kgs at the end of the crane so I guess you guys and the big white elephant might by too much??

You could wait till the ETNZ 72 arrives as they will have to get something set up for that.. Not sure when that is though.

Sat am is all go with ETNZ and the Viaduct Crane Guy from 10am - 12pm!!

So far have Borderline, Rental, Charleston, Putang express,

Maybe Timberwolf, Lucifer, Meltdown. Any other multis (under 1600kgs) welcome so long as I dont miss the race. Just call me on 021 413 229

All going well each boat shold only take 10mins ish so long as boat owners have the 4 lifting points sorted.

Bobbo is all good to be there as 8.5 official measurer

Cheers

Jamie

Archived