Boat Pics

Rhythm and Swing. Currently undergoing a major.

Ah Twitchy - you just made me feel old. I believe I was lurking around the workshop when that boat was built - my first thought when I read your post was "that shouldn't need a refit already." :?

1990 was the year IIRC - someone has stolen 21 years of my life. :lol:

i had a hand in helping Dean build Rhythm and Swing.

It was built in 1988/89 and Measured and Launched in October '89

one of the better sunbursts around for sure, and was one to follow the lead set by Joel Bouzaid and stern sheet.

Pretty sure I sailed that in around 91 or so with Carey Gillies at the North Islands at Wakatere

I think I'm in the wrong job. 2 of the best photos in this thread were taken by me :thumbup:

Na, I probably took 45,000 to get those 2. I think I'll leave shutter working to Will or someone else who uses good management rather than good luck :lol:

:lol: thought this should remain a peaceful thread, the fighting can stay on the race track

How come you were online when you should be at work? You haven't hurt yourself already? Or...

Think that one of the Bump was taken by me wasn't it? :mrgreen:

WBC Shorty Series, The His and Hers, just coming up to Illiomana. You were polishing that red beasty that day I think :twisted: :wink:

Yeah I remember the his n hers, but we weren't at Illiomana, so sorry it must have been you. Funny as I took a photo like that and Mrs Bump was sitting in exactly the same spot. So was Captain Bump - do you think they even moved from that position the whole way round? :shock:

Yeah I remember the his n hers, but we weren't at Illiomana, so sorry it must have been you. Funny as I took a photo like that and Mrs Bump was sitting in exactly the same spot. So was Captain Bump - do you think they even moved from that position the whole way round? :shock:

Yes Mrs Bump moved, her rum needed a refill she reckoned :lol: :lol:

The His and Hers we battled with you was one we both went the other way around and were so chuffed we made the glamour call 0.5 miles from the finish. Then with 0.25miles to go that bastard Bump uncloaked from stealth mode and suddenly appeared out of no where damn near causing a multi boat pile up on the finish line. Hence the next year I though bugger following AA, lets follow Bump instead :lol: :lol:

....got the name from sumwhere...must have moved and "bumped" at sum stage :P

..for the record this was KM shot - he takes quite good photos for an ol fella....the rest of the pics that day was of the tramsum I believe..... :lol: :lol:

I think I'm in the wrong job. 2 of the best photos in this thread were taken by me :thumbup:

Na, I probably took 45,000 to get those 2. I think I'll leave shutter working to Will or someone else who uses good management rather than good luck :lol:

Whatta ya mean by you...... Do you mean "OF!!!"?

file.php?id=14173

Yup. The Guarantee. Same hull as Higher Ground but different rig. Would have different foils too? Was it the plug?

Yep we have traded up from the Ross 930 to the Ross 1066 The Guarantee. It was the plug for Higher Ground but not finished off until 10 years later. Different rig and keel than HG, and slightly different hull shape to the other 1066s built more recently.

The Guarantee has been raced hard for a number of years here in Welly already so Herdy should be good for the next RNI!

Archived