World Series Round 1

SloopJohnB

Day 2 MOB

But the headline incident on the day was the man overboard on Emirates Team New Zealand.

Winston Macfarlane, one of the big grinders on board, was washed overboard during a fast maneuver at a turning mark halfway through the race. Macfarlane was grinding a winch when the winch handle snapped, meaning he lost his balance as the boat accelerated out of the turn. While Macfarlane swam to safety and hauled himself on to the nearby mark-boat, Barker's crew was obliged to sail the rest of the course short-handed.

Sailing the second half of the race with just four men meant their crew work was slower and they had less weight on the side of the boat to balance the power of the wing rig. ORACLE Racing Coutts could smell blood and attacked the vulnerable Kiwi crew on the final beat to the finish, finally stealing victory in the final moments of the race.

Places after 4 races:

1. Emirates Team New Zealand, 35 points

2. ORACLE Racing, 31

3. Artemis Racing, 29

4. ORACLE Racing, 28

5. China Team, 22

6. Team Korea, 22

7. Energy Team, 21

8. Aleph, 16

9. Green Comm Racing, 13

Second that bro, Is fkn great being able to watch the racing at a decent time of day over here. And what surprised me is I managed to get 6 of my "non yachtie flatties" watching it/yelling at the screen on sunday as well. Best bit was how little they understood to start with but with some explaining from me and them just gettin into it and working bits out for them selves they had a fairly good idea of what was going on towards the end of the days racing.

I'm really enjoying it too. Loving the new graphics that are overlayed over the pictures. Sure there's a couple of things that would upset the 'purists' but overall I think it's excellent.

I can't believe there arnt more comments on this thread. Does no one else find the ac45 series cool?

G'day "780" I should be using capitals about 2 feet tall. Enjoy it what

BLOODY-OATH-0I-AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't get enough of it - Oh & to hell witha the purists!!

Caio, from - over the 'puddle' james jackson aka jj - Is that OK now 'Team Wheels' ???????????????????

First time I have been up for the live coverage. Been watching some of the replay feeds on youtube and getting into it. Have to keep reminding myself its the Americas Cup, and I dunno if thats good or bad. Be good to see a bit more wind now.

It's excellent, I love watching it later. No interruption for ads, I can stop it whenever I want to go get another beer, replay the bits I want to see again and skip any boring bits although there haven't been many of them. Excellent. Couple that the with the Extreme 40 sailing going on at the mo and there's some good viewing to be had! :thumbup:

It's excellent, I love watching it later. No interruption for ads, I can stop it whenever I want to go get another beer, replay the bits I want to see again and skip any boring bits although there haven't been many of them. Excellent. Couple that the with the Extreme 40 sailing going on at the mo and there's some good viewing to be had! :thumbup:

i've been watching the replays as well, very good. and you can skip all the screwing around and just watch the racing! i wish they would post the full replays more quickly though.

Just watched ETNZ beat Spithill in an epic match race. I highly recommend watching a replay.

Today's live streaming was great. Can choose the higher level sailing commentary over the layman commentary.

Archived