Wet weather gear AWOL

RushMan

I just bought the Gill OS2 jacket and love it. I too and froed between Sailors corner with Musto and Burnsco looking at the features and came to the conclusion that the latest OS2 was the way to go. That is the same range as the Musto MPX, but half the price. $450 it cost me, where as the Musto was over a grand. I had the Lalizas Jacket and I thought it was quite good. But now after having a proper breathable Jacket, the difference is night and day. You feel so much warmer when it is wet and cold and it seems that you have a far greater temperature range of comfort. So when it gets warmer, you are not trying to rip the thing off to cool down.

I really want to get some Gill Pants at sometime.

I bought some shoes from Slam with 50% off. I believe they are retaining their Website sales.

i'v had a set of rooster gear for 2.5-3 years now wear them neally every race and have been hard on them as im bow/everything man on the boat and have only washed them a hand full of time's and they have been allgood cheap as think about $350 for the lot

Suss around and there is a LOT of 'no name' gear n NZ. Bugger all in the mainstream chandlers but it's here and some looks pretty good, especially at the prices. We are paying a LOT for the brand name badge.

Sailors corner this morning for some retail therapy, wallet now a little bit lighter but feeling pretty good about the choices made.

Now to see if it works on Saturday.

What did you buy in the end?

Musto channel jacket & pants

HH midlayer jacket

Burke boots

Inflatable PDF

Gloves

Bag

Thermal top

Glasses strap x 2

All the goodies for warmth on the windward rail, so hopefully this weekend isn't the only time I go sailing in Auckland.

Just came thru on a list thing -

The Blue one -

Inshore Sailing Jacket “Free Sail FS” Breathable

The Lalizas’ FS Inshore Sailing Jacket is evolutionary compared to other more traditional inshore jackets. Lalizas have created a high quality jacket, in both in terms of design and style.

Features:

- Made of PU coated Taslon Nylon Oxford & Taslon 228T

- Grade of water impermeability 1000mm

- Grade of Breathability 1000gr/m2/24hrs

- Two way front flapped zipper

- Hand-warmer pockets & wallet pocket

- Hood stored in collar

- Taped Seams

- Fleece lined collar

- Neoprene inner hand cuffs

- Lifejacket & harness attachment loops

- Retro reflective stripes

- Available in various colours and sizes

$217.00

The orange one -

Inshore/Offshore Sailing Jacket - XTS Extreme 3in1

Inshore/Offshore Sailing Jacket - XTS Extreme 3in1

Inshore/Offshore Sailing Jacket ‘XTS Extreme’ 3 in 1, Breathable

The “XTS Extreme” Sailing Jacket is the ultimate in sailing gear technology. It is highly waterproof and breathable, ideal to be used for both Inshore and Offshore sailing. It is made of high quality materials, such as PU coated Cordura and Taslon Nylon Oxford.

Other features that you should not miss:

- Grade of water impermeability: 10000mm

- Grade of Breathability: 2000gr/m2/24hrs

- Removable fleece jacket

- Two-way zipper

- Taped Seams

- Retroreflective stripes

- Hood stored in collar

- Lifejacket and harness loops

- Inner side and lower fleece lined pockets

- External back pocket with zipper

- Wallet pocket

- Mobile pocket

- Neoprene inner hand cuffs

- Zipper on the outer hand cuffs

$199.99

Options are out there folks.

post-646-141887187439.jpg

post-646-141887187441.jpg

so would you say the new Gill gear is worth getting? wont be used for the coastal or anything, just winter and summer racing if i can find a boat ...

I got the Gill OS2 for $450. I think they are normally $500. The Musto equiv was arond a grand. So value for money, yes absolutely. I do not know what the new Lazilas is like, but I have one that is now 7yrs old and it is not a patch on the new Gill.

Archived